Myself and my husband were bought a stay as a wedding present and what a fantastic present it was!
we were greated by a lovely receptionist who couldnt of been more friendly, and helpful who clearly values getting to know each guest, taking time to chat to us about our day, were we had travelled from - a personal touch that u often dont get from large hotels.
We were asked what time we would like to dine and being a little indecisive she was very helpful in booking us a time and suggesting drinks in the bar before dinner.
Time was taken to show us to our room which was fab!
We stayed in Gardenia which was a suite, with a large bathroom, dressing room area and spacious room with kingsize bed and seating area! We couldnt of been more pleased! it was clean and comfortable but also felt homely and welcoming.
Before dinner we sat in the bar and were presented with nibbles to enjoy prior to dinner, before after enjoying drinks being shown to our table in the resturant. All the waiters/waitresses were fab and friendly and the resturant manager went out of his way to be helpful, was friendly and approachable.
A fantastic 3 course meal was consumed which was amazing and couldnt of been faulted! Before retiring to the bar for after dinner drinks!
it certainly felt that throughout the evening the staff were really looking after us and they couldnt of been nicer or more helpful.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious and freshly cooked to order - something that is often lacking in larger chains, as a result you got the perfect amount of cooked breakfast without the added grease and overcookedness you can get from a buffet.
All in all this was a fantastic stay and i couldnt recommend it higher, even though we are a young couple we did not feel out of place or unwelcome and will certainly be recommending this hotel and returning for dinner again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Devon's South Hams, Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel is a beautiful 16th century manor house set in 4.5 acres of gardens. A secluded location for a relaxing getaway, guests will experience traditional yet stylish accommodation with a touch of classical elegance. Seasonal, local cuisine can be enjoyed in either the award winning Queen Anne restaurant, or al fresco on our gorgeous south facing terrace! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckland Tout Saints Goveton
- Buckland Tout-Saints Hotel Devon/Goveton, UK