“Disappointingly poor value - and a smile would be great with an extortionate £4 single slice of cake!”
Review of Avon Mill

Avon Mill
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plymouth
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Not one to moan, and this is my debut negative review, but I am quite annoyed and irritated, so here it goes .....
We were looking forward to a lovely coffee and cake during one of our many trips round our local area cafes and delis and the mill looked really good .... setting is lovely and garden centre really cute.
However, despite approaching the café counter staff with a smile, a smile was difficult to get from lady behind counter, and to our disappointment, we realised, once we sat down to enjoy coffees and a slice of cake, that in fact, the somewhat mediocre single slice of cake cost us £3.95 ....! One would expect £2, or even £3 in really good settings, but at almost £4 the slice should be generous and at lease come with a smile too! ..... No wonder, there are no cakes listed on printed menu nor any price tags by the inviting looking cakes on display ....
Disappointed and have came away feeling a tad ripped off ........ oh, and what's with the removing the serviets from our tray, once I had paid .... surely one of those come with a £3.95 slice of cake too?!

• Visited October 2013

Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for breakfast”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We come here for coffee and sometimes breakfast at least once a week after we have done our crossfit sessions at Unit6. All the staff are friendly and helpful and the food is great. See you soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lovefoodanddrink
Kingsbridge
“Perfect light lunch”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I went for a light lunch with my Aunt and her friend today, perfect atmosphere, lovely food, fabulous setting. My wife and I have been to The Avon Mill Cafe numerous times and it never fails to disappoint.

1 Thank David F
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“A lovely lunch was enjoyed by both of us.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Today my friend and I had lunch at the Avon Mill restaurant in their Garden Centre. I had a delicious leek, red onion and courgette quiche and salad and my friend had a chicken pie with mustard mash and vegetables. She particularly like the mustard mash, which she said tasted tangy and different. We both had a lovely meal and were lucky to get a table as it's usually busy - as it's certainly good for a lunch with friends.

1 Thank Caz E
Essex U.K.
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Avon Mill is a delightful garden centre with a restaurant for light meals. The quality of the food is excellent and the staff are friendly and efficient. The garden centre is well stocked and includes a deli, and a boutique, as well as a craft centre. Well worth a visit if you are staying in the South Hams area.