“Practically perfect”

Maha-Bharat Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Devons best authentic Bengali & Indian cuisine. Our multi award winning Indian restaurant offers authentic, high quality Bengali and Indian cuisine in the heart of Kingsbridge in South Hams. Our secret lies within the alchemy of quality herbs and spices cooked with the finest range of meats and vegetables. We also offer a takeaway/collection service and delivery within 7 mile radius of Kingsbridge. Established since 1992!
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Got a table without booking on a Thurs evening, place was busy. We both had starters, main, rice and naan and a pint of Cobra for £44 which was good value for the quality on offer. All of the dishes were nicely spiced, not too hot (although the waiter asked preference). Excellent food, value and service. Could not improve it other than to move it 400 miles closer to my home address!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I used to live in kingsbridge a few years ago and as sad as it sounds I ordered here twice a week. If the manager is reading this you might remember madras extra hot! I am from the north and even to this day I miss this place not kingsbridge as I think it's a complete joke but this place was awesome! With love from Donny ;) all the best guys! Get a place here!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Hello everybody, I am an employee at the Mahabharat and I am writting this message because there has been a confusion as we have two trip advisor review pages published and I would appreciate if you could write any reviews on the other Mahabharat page which is currently sitting top!! Thank you, much obliged.

1  Thank mahidul_786
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Best Indian food I have tasted with a fantastic selection. I have asked them to deliver but 150 miles is too far unfortunately

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This restaurant has become a family staple within out newly extended group and I have to say each time the food and service cannot be faulted in anyway! Our most recent visit was to celebrate my birthday and the team were amazing at very short notice the went to a lot of trouble to decorate the table with banners and balloons as lovely table crystals it was very sweet and a nice touch the food was fresh hot and tasty very good quality and not oily like other Indians I have tried he service exceptional, the staff could not do enough and the atmosphere very welcoming! We have now (sadly) moved away from Kingsbridge but still return to see family and this is becoming an extended part of the trip! Thank you all we will be back!