“Last minute takeaway... ”

Delhi Spice Indian Takeaway
Ranked #30 of 70 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I've always used Mahabharat, but over the last year or so, I've noticed the quality become inconsistent, the waiting times become longer and the prices increase. With that in mind I decided, spur of the moment, to pop up town and check these guys out. A very modest shop front, everything on display, a very clean kitchen area and massively helpful and smiley staff.

I began to browse the menu when the chef began to engage with me and ask me questions about what I was after and what kind of ingredients I favoured. He suggested a 'chili garlic madras' and a 'mos mos nan' which I was happy to order. I then continued with the rest of my order. Volume wise I ordered exactly the same as I normally do from Mahabharat, which normally costs between £43-£45 and yet here cost just £30.

Less than twenty minutes later and the food arrived at home. I have to be honest and say that whilst the portions of side dishes and starters are marginally smaller than what you would receive at Mahabharat, the quality more than made up for it. These guys are authentic, the cuisine is of a much higher calibre and you can taste every individual flavour and component of the dish. I was shocked at how good it was, I don't know why, I just was.

This is our new favourite takeaway in town and we'll be using them regularly. Might I also add, that as I did not have the correct change (although I had notes to cover it) the owner just knocked the balance off and called it a round number. A real nice touch, from some real nice people.

Thanks and see you again soon

3  Thank Miles S

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The food is amazing, lovely to be able to see it cooked! Always service with a smile. Mo will happily adapt any dish to suit your taste. Always really busy, but so efficient that waiting time is minimal!
Recently improved waiting area with coffee whilst you wait.
The only take-away in town I use!!

2  Thank LeilaD75
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Takeaway last night watching the football. Asked how long to deliver to Salcombe? About 30/40 mins was told arrived after 35 minutes! Brilliant and great food with excellent portions? Poppadum's not as crispy as we like! But overall superb! Will use again next time! Thanks and well done.

1  Thank RPW1948
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A very definate family favourite, any excuse to have a delivery or collect an order from these guys! Food always freshly prepared, if delivered its always piping hot - any flavours are amazing! If you are going to have a takeaway/delivery around Kingsbridge you would be mad not to give the Delhi a call you won't be dis-appointed.

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the best Indian in Kingsbridge. Awesome food everytime and very friendly staff. The vindaloo is tops 10/10

1  Thank eddie s