“Good, ok, poor”

Ranked #31 of 69 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We had a mixed experience with our recent visit to Delhi Spice. We ordered over the phone and the staff were very friendly, got the food quickly and it was lovely and hot. My son's meal was very good, he enjoyed it and was very happy. Mine was ok, nothing special, but there was something odd about the texture of the chicken I wasn't keen on. Maybe just the way it was cooked? My wife's was unfortunately not so good. Sauce was tastey but the chicken had a pink tinge to it. It looked cooked but it had the same texture as mine and didn't find it all that appetising. so overall a mixed experience for us all.

Tgreen49, Manager at Delhi Spice Indian Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Many Thanks for your review. We are sorry you had a mixed experience from us. We like to make sure all our customers have a good experience and a nice meal. Please feel free to contact me on 01548 854444 monday - sunday 5-11 so I can resolve this problem for you. Many Thanks. Tom, Store Manager

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Ordered a takeaway as a holiday treat for the family. Customer service over the phone when ordering was brilliant with an extremely friendly and helpful gentleman at the other end. Would highly recommend the Delhi Spice Biryani as it was delicious and you certainly got your money's worth. The delivery time was super speedy without compromising quality. One of the best. Would certainly order again!

1  Thank JackRoberts9
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been using Delhi Spice since they first opened and what a godsend they have been to me & Kingsbridge!

Delicious, freshly cooked food, made by a quality chef. Always pleasant and helpful too.

Going to miss it as I am moving away!

1  Thank SJNorris1964
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Following great TripAdvisor reviews, wifey and I decided to get an evening takeaway from here after our long drive down from the Midlands for a weeks' camping. As soon as we walked through the door, the staff were very friendly and chatty. The chef came out and asked us to try a new dish he was working on even before we ordered - which tasted great btw. The menu was extensive, with lamb dishes available in both 'meat off the bone' and tikka versions. The kitchen was open so you can see everything being prepared and cooked, which is reassuring. For a takeaway, we were both very impressed by the quality and taste of all the dishes we ordered - particularly the veggie side dishes which we had asked to be made madras hot. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Deanp01
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Really friendly and efficient staff who consistently produce a fantastic takeaway. Great flavour, always hot. Best takeaway in Kingsbridge. Would recommend it to locals and visitors alike! Gareth.

1  Thank Healthfoodfan