“So good had to go back again”
Review of The Ship Aground

The Ship Aground
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Mortehoe
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First night of holiday we went to this pub for dinner, yummy yum! Very good food,very welcoming and excellent service. Next evening we went back for more, same again. So will be back again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Ship Aground

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Visited the Ship Aground this afternoon after a beautiful day in the sun, have visited many times over the years whilst on holiday and enjoyed the surroundings, the food and the service.

However today we visited and had the unpleasant experience of the ungrateful barman, I'd ordered one round of drinks and the barman served me with no issues, however after we finished our drinks I went back to the bar and ordered a second round, being polite I said to the barman have a pound for yourself, (round cost £7.45, so a pound is greater than 10% that is usually used as a standard tip for good service), unfortunately the ungrateful barman felt is service was worth greater than this and responded with a sarcastic ooooooooo a pound, no thanks nothing.

Little things like this don't usually bother me, however I tipped out of curtsey, sadly this barman (boy) doesn't realise tips for service aren't a given and he should be grateful if people do tip. Sadly I doubt I'll visit again.

2  Thank Paul J
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A lovely pub in a village setting, with good beer and very good bar meals from burgers to lamb shanks, steaks etc.. Dog friendly.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food is standard pub fayre, bit expensive for what it is but tasty and well cooked. Service is chaotic with signs saying food starts serving at 1800 but we were told to ignore that and were duly served at about 1715 on our first visit. The following afternoon there were different staff and we were told no food before 1800 plus we had to sit in the back room because we had a child with us and they had no licence for children in the main bar (again not mentioned the previous day). I would say overall it's OK but it wouldn't be my first choice to eat at. On the plus side it is dog friendly.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a really great friendly family and dog pub. New outside area is really good and gives more tables in the sun to watch the world go by.