“Character and History in a breath-taking setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Tawton
Nichols Nymet House
Ranked #1 of 1 North Tawton B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Character and History in a breath-taking setting”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

It is just about impossible to find places like this these days, especially at the fair rates charged, you dont only get a comfortable, characterful room and hearty breakfast, but feel like you have stepped back to a lost era in a lost world; location and views could hardly be bettered and the no frills facilities and hospitality just adds to the genuineness of the whole place and setting; you leave with a warm glow of satisfaction.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank andrewbolton50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Truro
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The welcome could not have been warmer but remained professional and noninvasive. A more scenic setting I couldn't imagine, lovely room with heavenly view and super breakfast. Can not recommend highly enough, and I'll certainly be returning very soon.

• Stayed January 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2012

During a one month trip around europe staying in multiple bed and breakfasts, I learned quickly that "breakfast" is sometimes ignored. Not at Nichols Nymet House! I stayed here with my mom and partner and we all were impressed with the quality and amount of food we got for breakfast every day.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Showers hot. Paul and Murial have an excellent knowledge of the local area. I was quite impressed with the amount of historic local attractions and scenery.

Would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SwagsMcGee
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I spend 7 beautiful days. The service was just perfect, they didn't boder me all the time trying to be kind. They were there just when I needed, the rest of the time I felt absolutely confortable at home. Nice landscape, nice walkings, visits to Natural Park and nice coast villages (it's close to the coast but much, much cheapper to stay)... and very good breakfast! Everything was clean and well heated (I could regulate the heatter myself). Hot water is immediate, and they were nice people to chat with when I was bored or I needed some indications to travel around the area. I absolutely recommend!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RAUL P
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Decided to stay here, as am researching the family history of Henry Allwright Hughes, who lived here in his later years until he died in 1861. House is looking a little tired, but the owners were very welcoming and friendly. Obviously they are working hard to keep the property going and are worth supporting. Room spotless and clean, albeit not being one of the principle rooms did not enjoy the view over the spectacular views to the front of the property. Very, very comfortable bed and i enjoyed a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ken G
Bucks
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Our family of 6 stayed in the largest of the stable cottages and it was perfect for us. The open plan design of the kitchen, dining area and lounge meant we could all be together but still have plenty of space. The kitchen is lovely and modern and well equipped. Added bonus that there are two toilets - one separate to the bathroom. The kids loved meeting the pony and exploring the grounds. The patio area was a lovely place to drink tea and relax and dry off the swimming stuff. Paul and Muriel are so welcoming and helpful - bending over backwards to help. Surrounding countryside is beautiful and so peaceful. All in all a lovely place to holiday. :D

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank N D
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed in room 1 of the Nichols Nymet hotel and what a pleasure it was! I had a very friendly and warm greeting on arrival by both Paul and Muriel and then Muriel took me up to the room to get me settled. The room was spotless and smelled really clean and fresh. The view from the windows of beautiful rolling Devon countryside was fantastic and could be seen quite easily from the comfort of the large 4 poster bed. The furniture was old but in the sense that it had character and had been well looked after and fitted in with house beautifully. Breakfast was fantastic (I will be dreaming of those mushrooms till I next go back in August) and the whole time that I was there I was made to feel like a friend rather than just a guest. Will return again and again to this little gem in the countryside.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Wee_debs2003

Been to Nichols Nymet House? Share your experiences!