“Fantastic family holiday park!”

Devon Valley Holiday Village
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Devon valley. The views were simply beautiful! The Weather was a bit rubbish but there was plenty to do on site like swimming, a park and the arcade. There's also a restaurant and take away! A few minutes drive away there were a selection of lovely villages! The rooms were very spacious and clean. I highly recommend Devon valley holiday village. Very welcoming and lots to do in and around the village.

1  Thank BethPowell

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We travelled over the 1st bank holiday weekend. Arrived early and was very pleased to be allowed into our pet friendly chalet early, staff on reception very friendly.

The camp is about a 20min walk into Shaldon and there are some little shops and about 3 pubs.

Would definately return as it's very central to get to larger towns like Torquay or Brixham.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louisek18
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived at Devon Valley on 21st April. The weather was beautiful and you couldn't fault it, the site was a nice size and wasn't too big. The staff was friendly. The only problem was the price of drinks at the bar..

We stayed in a caravan with the Sun Newspaper breaks and the caravan was lovely and was in a lovely place also overlooking the lake..

We went half board so we had breakfast and dinner and fair play it was lovely but I think there should've had more of a choice and maybe we could have something different to choose from every day..

But I would recommend this place to anyone who has a family.

Room Tip: Id pick a caravan cause they are lovely and tidy.. also wonderful views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CoryTourle25
Reviewed 26 May 2014

After a week here I have to admit I was slightly disappointed with a few things. The important things seemed to close at 6pm i.e. the pool and shop. The soft play was very small however maybe my expectations were to high. Saying all that my two year old loved staying in a caravan, the pool, the play park and basically just being away from home. The surrounding area was great and I would recommend anyone and everyone to go to Paignton Zoo, we spent a full day there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tartan-Lass3190
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just returned from one of those Sun Newspaper breaks at DV. I must say it was a lovely place to stay. Location was beautiful. Overlooking Teignmouth. We weren't expecting the accomadation to be the best for the price we paid, it was basic and could do with some updating but we were only really in it to sleep. I do agree it was a little damp in there and I do have the sniffles now but thats nothing paracetamol won't sort out. The Boathouse pub was lovely, a bit pricey but lovely food. The staff were great and really helpful. Facilities were great. By far the best thing about the site was the Breakers club and their entertainment staff. I'm 23 but even I couldn't the resist the frogs, Morris and Millie (the club mascots). I would jump at the opportunity to stay here again, I'll upgrade to a caravan next time though. Great holiday!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KimberleyJayne91
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just returned from a week in Devon valley,location great and weather good so managed To go out to local beach ness beach a must. Park compact but had indoor pool and soft play so great for our toddler,Park clean and tidy and food in restaurant good quality and staff extremely polite and helpful,entertainment team good and made week S different show all week and they worked realy hard Definatly will be returning

1  Thank donna b
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We've just come back from DV after a 3 night stay booked through the Sun holidays. The place was great, every member of staff we came across was very friendly and helpful. The entertainments team was brill especially during the children's entertainment! We stayed in two bedroom chalet, it wasn't the cleanest I've stayed in nor the dirtiest! It was very dated and often had a bad smell come up through the drains In the bathroom! However it wasn't a problem as we hardly stayed in the chalet at all as the weather was gorgeous and we could shut the bathroom door to keep the smell out.1 more thing to mention about the chalet is that the ground outside was very uneven with holes and bumps all over. My 4 year old fell over quite a lot whilst playing outside the chalet. Devon valley is lovely and i would definitely return (with upgraded accomadation next time).

2  Thank Somersetborna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shaldon
Potters Mooring Hotel
Welcome Family Holiday Park
The Ness
The Ness
#1 of 6 in Shaldon

Been to Devon Valley Holiday Village? Share your experiences!