Now this is the holiday park that was featured on TV a few years ago, so when I heard it was sold to new owners, and they were investing a LOT in it... I had to have a look (I'm nosy like that!!)
So, I called over to Coast View a few weeks ago, and on the strength of what I saw we booked a chalet for our friends and their family, so we could all spend Easter together. This weekend we've spent a lot of time at the park, with our friends and it's brilliant! What a transformation!!!
The old club house is now a lovely family bistro cafe-bar, and I tell you it looks great! It's been completely revamped and it's a fantastic place to take the family.
The whole park looks very fresh and welcoming, and when we had a look round our friends' chalets, they are really very comfortable and have everything you could need.
Just like before, the views are amazing and it's simply a lovely place to holiday. Our friends are delighted - which is a really good job as we booked them in ;-) Good choice all round. Excellent facilities, our kids have been able to play together, with the pool coming in very handy when the sun's gone in.
Friendly staff, clean and fresh accommodation, and all you could want from a lovely Devon holiday park.
I'm also more than happy to recommend it to friends and family who come to visit us here in Devon, I know they are going to love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coast View is the perfect place to unwind with spectacular views of the Jurassic Coast or treat yourselves in some of the finest wine-bars and restaurants that the West Country has to offer. Ideally located for Dartmoor and the English Riviera, Exeter and Torquay, plus a whole range of fantastic on-park facilities, you will be spoilt for choice. Coast View is situated on a hill top, offering spectacular views of the scooped-out bay, peppered with luxury yachts and motorboats ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Coast View Holiday Park Hotel Shaldon
- Coast View Holiday Park Shaldon
- Coast View, Shaldon Devon