“Excellent!!!! Perfect!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Molton
Whitechapel Cottages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed in Barton House, what a lovely house and very friendly, warm and welcoming people. we didn't want to go home. It was Perfect.

Very clean, very quiet, great for walking.

Jackie and Pat from Folkestone

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We had a family holiday, staying in Barton House in early July 2012. We have stayed on the farm before but not in 'the big house'. We all had a great time and even though the weather was a bit hit and miss there was plenty to keep everyone amused with the health suite, the games room and canoeing on the lake. As always Chris and his family went out of their way to make sure our holiday was extra special.
Whitechapel Barton has a way of getting into your heart and you will find yourself returning again and again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had a week at the start of June 2012. Family of 10 including 4 children only sleeps 8 but our twins slept with us in the large master room. We stayed in the Barton house which was fabulous. We were concerned before we came incase this was not big enough this was not the case. The house was great lots of different rooms all lovely and clean! Loads to do fishing was great fun trout and course! Games room good fun grounds and walks lovely. Chris could not do enough for us nothing too much hassle and great welcome . Ask how to make the sun shine !!? The only negative that Chris had no control over is the British weather this did not stop us having a great time and the children loved building dens near the course lake. We would love to return.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Four of us (myself, husband, son & his mate) and two dogs stayed in Cartwheel Holiday for a week in August 2011. The cottage is really pretty, very nicely decorated and plenty of space for four of us. The rooms were all lovely and clean and we totally relaxed from the moment we arrived! Chris met us when we first arrived and showed us around so we could get our bearings and a lovely bunch of home-grown flowers were brought around to us later in the day to place on our dining table. We all enjoyed fishing in the coarse and trout lakes, walking the dogs and just "chilling out". The boys took advantage of the games room before and after supper each day! Chris, Clare and Chris' dad were really friendly and helpful and and spent time talking about places of interest around and about and were eager to please to ensure we had a nice holiday. We were totalling relaxed and refreshed after a week in the tranquil surroundings of this lovely holiday cottage. This location is set well off the main road, so no noise from passing traffic, but it is easy to get to the main Barnstaple/North Devon route and South Molton was only a few minutes away for shopping and eating out.
We will definitely return one day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Lovely, lovely, lovely and no single supplement!
Being a widower I have become hooked on renting a cottage for my holiday's it certainly saves the hassle of trying to find hotel or B&B accommodation where there seems to be a great reluctance to accept bookings well in advance and even then you end up having to pay the ubiquitous single supplement - can you tell I have a bee in my bonnet? Anyway getting back to the matter in hand. I rented the Grooms Lodge from the 5th to the 12th of November and it ranks up there amongst the best. Everything that I needed was available. The welcome from and onward with Chris were excellent. He even allowed me to go a trespassing to a non-existant trig pillar but he did warn me that I could be shot if there was a shooting party out. That is the level of thoughtfulness that applied throughout. I cannot really say anything other than that the whole cottage and the experience was excellent. The area in which the cottage is situated is ideal for a walker - which I am. Add to that my other intrests of trig pillar bagging and geocaching (yes I'm a sad old fool) the area abounds with both so I could be out from dawn until dusk enjoying myself. The area also has some of those strange establishments that serve alocoholic liquid and superb meals (I had my meal at lunchtime and self-catered on an evening and there is everything that I needed to prepare my feast's that I needed).
Who knows I may go back and break my self-imposed rule of never going back to the same area it was just that good.

Room Tip: I only have experience of the Grooms Lodge which sleeps four and the living accommodation is large e...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed in Grooms lodge in September with my husband and molly the chocolate Lab, Great place to stay lovely and clean and the cottages had everything we needed,Chris the owner was very friendly and was on hand for anything we wanted, my husband loved the fishing lake and had it all to himself, and molly the Lab loved easter woods, we did plently of exploring and great for walks try hangmans cliife at coombe martin, Tarr steps and Woolacoombe beach is just so beautifull great for spending the day.
Will Definitely go back next year

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This year, 2011, was our second visit and we have already booked for 2012. Whitechapel is a home from home, in beautiful surroundings, where if you like peace and quiet you will adore the location. The fishing is great to pass time as you watch the wildlife, kites, herons etc, you can even watch bats in the courtyard in the evening. The games room and spa are there for relaxing or for when the weather isn't kind. Kayaking or canoeing on the lake are our eldest girls favourite.
Its close enough to everything you need, but far enough from civilisation to be so, so peaceful. Chris and Claire always give a warm welcome and they somehow know how much to be around. Never too much, but always contactable just in case. The kids adore the cottage - we always stay in Cartwheel, and nag us to book again for next year - fine with us! Only one thing stops me recommending these cottages 100% - and that's a fear that they will become too popular - give them a try you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family