“Scrummy Food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Molton
Stumbles Restaurant with Rooms
Ranked #9 of 22 South Molton B&B and Inns
United Kingdom
“Scrummy Food”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

A meal with friends on a Saturday night. Food was excellent, flavoursome and well presented especially the chicken parfait. The restaurant was very quiet and we were the only people eating but this did not spoil our evening in any way. Would visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nora54

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

A long planned cycling trip from Lands End to John O Groats suddenly went flat after about 200 miles. I had pushed it too hard for 3 days, not realising the undulations of Devon & Cornwall, and tore the ligaments in my left leg - I should have bought an Ordinace Survey map.

Conseuently, we ended up in the mddle of Exmoor close to the market town of South Molton, looking for somewhere to stay until plans could be made for my repatriation to Nottingham.

I 'stumbled' across Stumbles in the main street. A charming little courtyard full of people enjoying lunch and coffees. Coffee definitely being on the agenda, I stood waiting for a table. I was approached by a member of staff who offered a table inside stating that they would inform me immediately when one outside became available.

Conversationally, we discoverd they had rooms to let and upon viewing decided to book for the night. Large,and most importantly spotlessly clean with pristine cotton bedding.

We booked Bed & Breakfast, but also had dinner. The restaurant was superb. Although busy, we were completely lookd after by attentive, but 'invisible' staff who had the habit of appearing from nowhere at precisely the right moment.

The food was real value for money. Scallops starter followed by Exmoor Lamb. I couldn't manage a desert, but wished I had when the Creme Brulee arrived for some of my friends.

My friends departed the following morning on the continuation of their journey. Fortunately for me, the most affordable train was in 2 days time, so I booked in again and continued to enjoy my stay.

The owners were fantastic, even driving me to Tiverton Parkway to catch my train home.

I only have one thing to say - Thankyou for rescuing my holiday which had threatened to be an absolute nightmare.

5* all the way, and I'll definitely be returning next year when I re-attempt my cycling trip.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank clive1595
devon
Reviewed 12 July 2011

i found stumbles very attractive and quaint with lovely rooms and a fantastic restaurant. they have a beautiful courtyard when in full sunshine is the most peacefull place ever which also offers alfresco dining when the weather is clemant i trully recomend this place

Room Tip: we stayed in room 3 which was very spacious and quite with a large double bed 2 seater settee