“Best Day of our holiday”

North Devon Hawk Walks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Providing a hands-on, practical introduction to falconry. Four people, for an hour, costs £45 in total.So whether there are one, two, three or four of you, it just costs £45.Compare this with the prices others charge and you will see what great value it is. We have access to several different flying sites, some of them deep in the heart of Exmoor. Walks here last for 90 minutes and prices vary, so look at the website for details. We go out all year round, any day, by appointment.Gift vouchers, valid for a year, are available.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 17 May 2014

An hour spent with Nigel and his beautiful Harris Hawks, Cassius and Lady MacBeth , was a truly magical experience.

Being so close to these wild creatures was a real privilege, we have been to falconry displays before ; but having them sat on your arm and seeing them up close was amazing.

Also Nigel was very knowledgeable about his birds and gave us a real insight into their lives.

Nigel P, Owner at North Devon Hawk Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for the nice review.

Our hawk-walks are a bit unique because most places don't let you get so close to the birds. Our motto is "Get close to a bird of prey".

It's nice to watch someone else do it, but you experience a lot more, and learn a lot more, when it is your fist the bird is landing on. Our birds are very experienced at flying for, and to, people with little falconry experience and they are very forgiving.

I've just come back from an outdoor pub lunch in Porlock. A pint, a ploughman's and Lady Macbeth on my fist throughout. She took all the attention and interest in her stride and even swiped a bit of ham when I wasn't looking.

Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Anyone visiting this area with even no interest in these birds will come away realising how magnificent they are, Nigel is a really good guy who clearly has great knowledge and respect for these birds, I will be back for the 3 hour walk next time I am this way. My farther in law very much enjoyed it to. Thank you again Nigel.

Nigel P, Owner at North Devon Hawk Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I'm really glad you both enjoyed it.
Your father in law surprised me when he said how old he was, I hope I'm as agile as him at that age !

The birds are fantastic and even after more than a decade living with them and learning about them, I still get a kick about the way they respond and react to us.

I hope to see you both again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our Hawk walk with Nigel was both inspiring and educational. Both Cassius and Lady McBeth were majestic, as they soared across Exmoor. Nigel is a fount of knowledge and the hawks were beautiful! Many thanks!

Nigel P, Owner at North Devon Hawk Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Very glad you enjoyed the Hawk Walk.

It's good to be able to both see the hawks up close on your fist and soaring up in the air.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

Hope to see you out with us again sometime.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nigel took me & my boyfriend out this morning for a Hawk Walk, and it was fantastic! As a photographer, I loved getting some photos of the hawks! Nigel is full of knowledge about the birds, and made learning about them really interesting... We've been to falconry centres before, and nothing compares to the one-on-one experience you get on the Hawk Walk - Highly recommended!

Nigel P, Owner at North Devon Hawk Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Glad you enjoyed your time on Exmoor with the birds. You've posted some excellent photo's. It's very difficult to get decent shots of the birds in flight. If you could email me the pics, I'd like to put some of them on the website. I can't put the name of the website here, Trip Advisor won't allow it.
North Devon Hawk Walks is a bit of a clue though!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our Hawk Walk with Nigel and Lady MacBeth was a genuinely incredible experience - we enjoyed it immensely and are still talking about it.

It was so exciting to see the hawks up close; to experience Lady MacBeth landing on our arms and to watch her in her natural environment. It was fantastic, and all the more so for the beautiful setting on Exmoor.

Nigel is really informative and friendly and makes it so interesting in the way he shares the information. Its also excellent value. We all loved it and are enthused to experience more.

Highly recommended. Thank you Nigel.

Sue,

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed your time on Exmoor with the hawks.

We are going to be at the Devon Wildlife Festival in Barnstaple this coming Saturday, the 10th. Come along and renew your acquaintanceship with Cassius and Her Ladyship !