“Bank holiday Monday”
Review of Quince Honey Farm

Quince Honey Farm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get a Buzz from your holiday and take a trip to Quince Honey Farm. The family-run working honey farm has been producing quality honey since 1949 and has over 1000 hives deep in the North Devon countryside. Visit the world’s largest Honeybee exhibition; BeeWorld! The interesting displays and exhibits will teach you fun facts about the honeybee before you take a closer look inside the working hives. Nowhere in the world can you get so close to live bees without needing protective equipment! You may wish to take a guided tour or walk around at your own leisure. There is something happening every hour during the summer! Don’t miss out on the bee talks and beekeeping demos which gives you the opportunity to hold a frame of bees if you wish. There is a chance to make some beeswax candles and learn more about the different types of honey at one of the tasting sessions. New for 2017 is the ‘be a beekeeper experience’ which gives you the unique opportunity to work alongside a beekeeper learning more in depth about bees and the art of beekeeping. (You can sign up for this on the day). Any little bizzy bees won’t want to miss out on The Happy Bee play hive; the large indoor soft play area with nets and ropes to climb over. This is where you will also find the cafe offering homemade food and our special Devonshire cream teas with honey. There is an outdoor play and picnic area for when the sun is shining. Visit Critter cabin and meet some slithery friends at one of the daily critter encounters shows. Visit the honey farm shop to see the array of honey products on offer as well as beautiful handmade beeswax candles and skin care. Make a Bee-line for Quince Honey Farm
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bank holiday Monday”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We visited today and just managed to catch the 2.30pm talk with Joe in the auditoreum. What a fabulous, charasmatic man who held the attention of the mixed audience with a funny and factual account on bee keeping. Very highly recommended!!! Alot of work had been carried out in the working part of the exhibit since our last visit which gave us some new information to read and digest. We really enjoyed the afternoon. However, our visit was somewhat let down by the quality of service in the cafe. My husband had a lovely panini....however, the salad with my jacket potato consisted of yellow lettuce (only fit to feed a rabbit) and the red onion was limp and not very fresh. The quality of the chilli (what there was of it) was very poor and half of my jacket was rotten. When I took it back the woman that served me was extremely rude. I did not want a replacement because the meal wadn't very pleasant but she spoke to me like a dog!!! Maybe a course in customer service would be of value to her? The rest of the staff we came into contact with were kind, friendly and a credit to the attraction and this rudeness will not stop us from returning again in the future.

2 Thank Lisa12_1967
Ruby M, Marketing at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed the talk with Joe in the new auditorium, the talks are new for this year so any feedback is always welcome.
That’s very concerning to us that your food wasn’t fresh as we always aim to offer a high standard of food at all times so we apologise for this.
If you would email me at ruby@quincehoneyfarm.co.uk then I would like to discuss the customer service issue further as customer service is very important to us!
We so are happy you will still be returning in the future as we have an exciting events coming up which we would love you to attend. Many thanks and speak soon.

bideford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Honey farm”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I visited this today with my husband. I must admit some of the exhibitions could do with some updating but generally we really enjoyed it. I was fascinated by the fact you could open up and look in the bee hives. An excellent talk about bees was given by a knowledgeable man. It is true it's not really suitable for disabled people but this is mentioned in the literature. Had a meal in the cafe found this tasty and reasonably priced. also enjoyed the shop and the tasters for their various goods they sell. honey ice cream was a real treat.

Visited May 2014
Ruby M, Marketing at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to write on trip advisor, we are happy to hear you had an enjoyable visit to the farm. Our talks are new for this year so it’s nice to hear good feedback. We hope to see you again so you can enjoy more of the yummy honey ice cream. Be sure to like us on Facebook for upcoming events and offers. Thank you QHF
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Have seen the advertising for this place for years and today we finally visited. What a surprise the gift shop reeked of old cooking fat that was being used in cafe. The cafe looked awful like an old greasy spoon. Having worked in catering for many years I am appalled that places like this still exist. We left without seeing the bees and no coffee or cake. Very sad, I do not normally complain on here as most places have some good but not here I am afraid.

2 Thank pebee2014
Ruby M, Front Office Manager at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Good afternoon, we are upset you had a bad first impression of the honey farm and disappointed to hear you didn’t go to Bee World.
As you didn’t experience the whole attraction I feel the negative feedback is slightly unfair but we realise that first impression really.
We appreciate all feedback as this helps us grow and improve for our customers and I will personally be addressing the issues you raised.
If you would like to discuss anything further then please don’t hesitate to contact me.
South Molton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Educational and fab for kids. ”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We live only a short distance away from here so we go several times a month. My daughter is two so is free and I paid £10 for an annual membership for myself. We more than get our money's worth from it! The play area is great for the little ones and the food and drinks served in there are okay too, members get discount on food and drink too. My daughter loves the addition this year of the critters area in the play area!

Ruby M, Marketing at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write on trip advisor. We are thrilled you visit us several times in a month. Our members discount is great value for money and we are glad to see you are making the most of it too!
It is brilliant to have some feedback and we are so happy you like our new Critter Cabin in the play area! Watch out for some new slithery friends joining us soon too! Eek!
Many thanks and we look forward to your next visit!
QHF :)
shaftesbyry
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Educating and fun visit”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We visited the quince honey farm in April and had a great time. The displays were very educating and very interesting. It was great being able to view the inside of a hive and see the bees Working. After looking round the museum and taking loads of pictures we went to the cafe and had a delicious cream tea. There is a big inside soft play area for children. There is also a creepy crawly bug part. The gift shop is great loads of affordable souvenirs for example candles and even candle making sets. I will visit again if in the area and would reccommend the quince honey farm to other.

Visited April 2014
Ruby M, Marketing at Quince Honey Farm, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
We are thrilled to hear you had a great trip to the farm and found the displays interesting as well as educational. Glad you tried a yummy cream tea and enjoyed the play area and shop, we want all our customers to have a happy experience and be ‘buzzin’ when they leave.
Thanks, QHF :)