“2nd visit.”

Corn Dolly Tea Shop
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have been before and it was excellent. This time, although the food was good, the service was extremely slow.
Prices are a bit high for what you get but the quality is very good.
The foyer can get a bit cramped whilst you're waiting to be seated.
Generally good though & well worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Corn Dolly Tea Shop

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Table service which was excellent as my Parents do not enjoy queuing. Excellent food here, Jacket potatoes were what we tried and they were fluffy and nicely presented with a side salad. at £25.75 for 3 potatoes and 3 diet cokes it was fairly pricy and a couple of quid dearer than other cafes in the town. The tables are clean and have plenty of space. The toilet is fine but the basin surround is not pleasant. There are single steps inside which means it is not disabled friendly

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Yesterday we were passing threw South Molton and stopped at the Corn Dolly for a much needed coffee. As the weather was so bad and the food looked so good. We stayed and ate in the relaxed environment. The bottomless coffee was much needed. I had their breakfast which was lovely. My husband has food allergies which seemed no problem to the staff as they said everything was cooked on the premises and purchased locally. My son had an amazing hot chocolate. He made a bit of a mess and the staff were great. My daughter had sparking elderflower and children's breakfast. Wish I could get her to eat as well at home. To follow I had toffee date cake, the children had hot chocolate fudge cake and clotted cream/ice cream while my husband continued drinking coffee.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We go to see family but really south Molton is an excuse to go here and blow the diet. Home made cakes that are worth the calories and excellent savouries and a great kids menu. We love it and will be back for more.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Proper tea shop atmosphere. Tasty chicken in the chicken sandwich, with no fussy dressings or salad bits...and the cheese scones were fabulous. Perked us up for the rest of our trip: onwards to Ilfracombe and Verity.