“Ideal lunch stopover”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bude, United Kingdom
“Ideal lunch stopover”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Only half a mile from the North Devon link road this hotel is the ideal peaceful location to stop off for lunch to break your journey. We ate in the sunny conservatory, the menu was varied and good value with lots of locally sourced produce - you would probably pay a similar price for chicken nuggets and chips in a motorway service station! The staff were very attentive and friendly but not overbearing they got it just right. We will be back if only so we can try some more of the delicious home-made ice cream flavours.

• Visited April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Good spot in Tiverton”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nice food (albeit quite pricey) but the atmosphere in the conservatory was a little bit cold for an evening meal (would be great for lunch). Quite a variation in portion size too - my wife's steak and chips was enormous compared to my lamb, but both really tasty. Lovely starters too; I had the wood pigeon with black pudding, really great. Would happily go back.

• Visited March 2014
“hit n miss”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have eaten here lots of times over the years... food is well thought out but sometimes misses the mark but there is not much choice in tiverton for other places to eat... so we go a lot....service is good... but feel that charging nearly £9 for 4 small over cooked tiger prawns is stretching the point... I did raise this with the staff but got told this is normal... my main of lamb was bland.... i was out with family who enjoyed their food and did not want to make a fuss... But I feel that if your are going to charge top prices then 4 small curled up prawns on a plate is not acceptable and left me feeling a bit cheated this is a shame as its not all about money.... or is it? shame shame shame this is a let down by the kitchen staff who are responsible for what is served....bit more quality control needed I feel.... next time i will not hold back in complaining!!! wish I had at the time now....

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Marcboddy
Swindon, United Kingdom
“outstanding lunch”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We decided to have Sunday lunch at the Hartnoll whilst visiting my father, once again they have delivered a fantastic lunch, the beef just melted in your mouth, the deserts were to die for and the real ale was just great, and the service topped it off nothing was to much trouble, very attentive without being overbearing.just a great lunch in superb surroundings. We will be back next time we are in Tiverton

• Visited January 2014
Branscombe, United Kingdom
“excellent lunch great service”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

we arived late for lunch. Though kitchen officially closed the staff made us feel very welcome and did not harrass us to order. We had a lovely relaxed lunch in a great setting with very attentive service. Will come again and maybe for dinner, cannot fault this place - a great find.

• Visited January 2014