“A delightful Mothering Sunday lunch”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Yesterday (10 March) my wife and I, our daughter and her husband and our two grandchildren went for a Mothering Sunday lunchtime celebration in the restaurant at the Best Western Tiverton Hotel. Everything was perfect. The food (all three courses) was of an extremely high standard and all staff, from reception through to bar and restaurant, were a real credit to the hotel. We will definitely be going again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear JPRHampshire,

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write a great review, we are all very pleased you had such a good time and the general feedback on the day was fantastic which was special for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and just a reminder we have a great 2 courses for £10 lunch promotion in the restaurant throughout the spring which is proving very popular with our regulars.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Tiverton Hotel

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This hotel is well situated for travel to both north and south devon. It is just off the North Devon link road close to the M5 for Taunton and Exeter. Its a modern hotel with plenty of parking, and nice rooms that are well decorated and spacious.I booked in with my wife for a couple of days away and when booking my room forgot to tell them that I had a heart condition. Subsequently when I arrived I was shown to a room on the first floor, but as soon as I mentioned the fact to Dan he got my room changed, with no fuss or bother, to one on the ground floor. The rest of the staff are also excellent, they are helpful, polite, and really can't do enough for you. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and there was a good choice of food that was hot, well presented, and tasty, and once again the staff were very attentive and professional. I have stayed at many Best Western Hotels and this one is on my list of the better establishments, so don't be afraid to give it a try!

Room Tip: At the rear of the Hotel looking out over the playing fields ensures a quiet room and a good nights...
5  Thank geronimo1049
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear geronimo 1049,

Thanks for your brilliant review our team will receive such a lift when they read what you think of our service standards. I'm delighted you had such a good stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had a brilliant couple of days stay at Tiverton over the weekend. The hotel was spotlessly clean and every member of staff that we came into contact with was helpful and courteous.
We took advantage of a value break and this hotel exceeded our expectations. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity for a return visit.

2  Thank Graham S

Dear Graham S,

Thanks for your brilliant review and we are really pleased you had such a good time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and don't forget to check our website for the best deals.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We arrived on Saturday to find a lovely warm welcome from reception. As we made our way to the room we were surprised with the cleanness of the hotel I've never stayed in a cleaner hotel. The rooms are very spacious and high spec. Lovely stay

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Tommywilliams
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Tommy Williams,

Thanks so much for your brilliant review, you wouldn't believe how much of a lift good reviews give our staff, they all look each day for the next review and to get one like yours is fantastic.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Have stayed here twice before and as usual found the hotel staff friendly and helpful, the bedroom warm and comfortable. Food was good in the restaurant and home made sweets, but please bring back the roasts on your menu!

1  Thank EllieDevon

Dear Ellie Devon,

Thanks for the review on our Gallery Restaurant, delighted that you enjoyed the food and service and rest assured roasts are still on the menu, you can find at least two fresh roasts each Sunday and our lunch prices have never been better, being two courses for £10.

I look forward to seeing you when you return.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Have stayed here a few times and have always been pleased with the room and the service. i tried to book through the main Best Western site but the price of £110 a night room only i thought was extortionate so went to stay elsewhere, just before i booked i rang the hotel direct spoke to a very pleasent young man on reception who said the price would be £65 so always check with the hotel first. Staff on reception were very pleasent. The room i was shown too however has seen better days unlike other rooms i have stayed in before. Dont get me wrong bed was comfertable and room was spotless like the rest of the hotel. domestic team do a very good job. the bathroom was like steping back into the 70s and the water beware is scalding hot. maybe they have a rolling improvement scheme and iv just always fallen lucky before? this is however a great hotel always felt welcomed and nothing is too much trouble for them i will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank spenco67
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Spenco67,

Thanks for your great review and you are right, we always encourage our guests to check our own website which offers the best deals and we continue to improve the rooms in fact we will be introducing upgrades in many of our rooms in April and I will be delighted to show these to you on your return.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

My husband and I were treated to a voucher for a weekend away, sadly many of the hotels in the scheme do not like the vouchers used on a Saturday, so it was a case of finding somewhere who would. We both enjoy this part of the country, although this was the first time in Tiverton, but it is a good base for shopping in Exeter and exploring the moors.
I must admit that when we pulled into the car park the hotel looked weary, and we entered with trepidation. However, we were pleasantly surprised by the warmth and decor of the place once we got inside. Although not the greatest welcome, we found our room to be exceptionally spacious, supplying all our needs.

we chose not to eat in the restaurant, partly because we felt the prices on the high side, and partly because we wanted to venture out. Breakfast next morning however was a delight. Here the staff were extremely friendly and courteous, the food well presented and the quality of a good high standard.

On the whole this hotel does what it says on the can. It is a well known chain, that gives good service to good standards. the only reason I am not rating this a 5 is because the bed was either too soft or too old and I have suffered for two days with a bad neck and back!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Azizam56

Dear Azizam56,

Thanks for taking the trouble to write your review and we are delighted that you both enjoyed your stay, I'm patricularly pleased to read your comments on our great staff which I will pass on.

Thanks too for the note on the bed, I will check this and if necessary we will replace the bed especially if this is the only thing preventing us from getting 5 stars.

If your thinking about returning, why not come back in the spring when our gardeners hard work literary come to life and we have some great deals on our website at the moment.

Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

regards

Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
The Hartnoll Hotel
Jurys Inn Exeter
#11 of 31 in Exeter
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Brambles Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!