“Comfortable with sound effects”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The rooms here are very spacious and clean with excellent amenities. I appreciated having a good-sized bathtub as well as the shower over it. My bed was comfortable, but I could easily hear what was going on in neighbouring rooms. My son's partner, in another room, said he could hear someone snoring next door.

There was an excellent choice at breakfast, and I was tempted by kippers and smoked haddock. I just wanted something light, however, and took a couple of wholemeal rolls which were disappointingly dry. Toast would have been a better choice.

The staff were all very friendly and polite. The fire alarm went off while I was on my way to breakfast, and later a member of staff stopped me to apologise for this.

We were impressed by the displays of photography and art in the reception and restaurant areas as they were superior to the prints you normally see in a chain hotel.

The main car park was full when we arrived at around 8pm, but we easily found a space in the additional parking area with a staircase nearby that led to the area close to our rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Elizabeth A,

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to post a review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel despite the "noisy neighbours". I also appreciate your kind comments on our artwork especially as it was bought by me, incidentally the piece of artwork I get most enquiries about is the piece in reception which is a modern piece entitled waves.

Just a final point which may help you when you next visit a Best Western Hotel, all BW hotels are independently owned and operated and when you visit my colleagues you see the influence of owners in their properties.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

To begin with you might be forgiven for thinking that the hotel so close to the town and outer ring road etc would be noisey, you would be wrong. You would not know you were so close to the town or any major roads, you cannot see the road and you can't really hear it either. The front of the hotel for a modern building is beautiful with lovely roses and other perentials full of colour in June, I like that. Inside the dining room was always beautifully laid out, attention to detail. The rooms are large and the windows slide open, there are ironing boards and irons, hair dryers and a shoe cleaning machine in the hall and free wifi. The restaurant is good I can be a little fussy when I am paying for a meal I want a good meal and I want value for money, and I got that. So much so that in the 5 days we were there we had 3 meals, unheard of! What is the point of eating anywhere else when the meal would probably not be as good as the meal you could have in the restaurant, no point two courses £16, not bad. Location with this hotel was excellent with a Tesco about 300 yards away for any shopping or petrol, the town just a stroll away and not far from Exmoor, Dartmoor, the North Devon coast and South Devon coast. Did not give it a 5 as I would hardly ever give one of those out it would have to be set in rolling countryside etc ..... Well done to all at the Tiverton a very happy customer!

Room Tip: there was no swimming pool or fitness centre
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear cmastersonuk,

Thank you so much for the great review, so many of the team will be thrilled at your kind and thoughtful comments and the best news of all is you leave us as a very happy customer.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thanks again for taking the time and trouble to write.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend for a wedding. The reception was held at the hotel as well. Excellent breakfast and very nice food at the wedding! Would definitely stay here again if I needed to stay overnight in this area and would recommend to anyone, whether you're on your own, a couple or a whole family! We had two rooms connected which was very convenient!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear keziafryatt,

Thanks for your great review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the wedding, I'll pass on your comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed for two nights at this hotel. Staff were very efficient and friendly. Room was clean and tidy, and I liked the bottled water touch. Breakfast, like most hotels these days, was buffet but you could order other things off the menu. Did not eat here in the evening so cannot comment on that, but, all in all we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Dear janhooper50,

Thanks for the review and delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in Devon. Thanks too for your kind comments on the team which is well deserved and I will pass on.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, come and see us soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We had a KGB deal on this hotel and as it was only 2 hours from home we felt that was far enough for a 2 day break.
The hotel is on the edge of town and seems to do a great deal of corporate work as they were always busy buzzing about getting rooms ready for clients.
We had a nice room on the ground floor, we also had a view of the water and the ducks. The sun only shone for us on one day, but we still enjoyed the view.
We did not find the food absolutely great, but as we do not eat meat that is probably our fault. However what we had was fine, just not a lot of choice for us.
The bottle of water in our room was very welcome as the tap water for tea tasted truly chemical, however one small bottle did not go far and we should have taken our own into the room had we realised.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful so all in all it was a good break.
You can easily walk into town from this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one at the back, but I do not think any of them are noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheelagh B
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Pendle125,

Thanks for your generous review, I am delighted you enjoyed your first visit to the hotel and delighted you got aquatinted with the wildlife that lives alongside in the river.

I take your point on vegetarian food and our new menu which launches next month addresses this by increasing significantly the number of non meat items available. I would love your views when you return.

I notice you came on a KGB deal which is fine, but please check out our website which offers the best deals available at time of booking and indeed we have just launched a fantastic three night break offer for July and August this week if you plan on coming back soon.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Lovely grounds and i had room 52 which had a huge sliding window that let in a lovely summers evening breeze, fully open you have a view of the stream and Ducks happily quaking away.
No passing foot traffic as you are at the end of the top floor around a corner.
Only things i can say that doesnt get it an 'excellent' rating is they still have sheets and blankets and dinner isnt available until 1845hrs which i find too late after a long day at work ( had to go to maccy d's :/ )

Room Tip: Room 52, lovely views and lots of fresh air !!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kernowhuskies
writerWestCountry, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Kernowhuskies,

Thanks for the great review, I and my team are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much.

Thanks too for the couple of prompts, firstly I'm sorry you missed our great food, when you return and if you need an early dinner, please let us now beforehand and this can always be arranged.

Equally, all our superior rooms have duvets, they were installed earlier this year and the plan is to have all of our rooms completed by the end of the year so hopefully that will qualify us for an excellent rating next time.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Tiverton Hotel last week and thought that the whole experience was excellent.
The staff were all friendly and attentive and the large room was first class with coffee making facilities and fresh bottled water every day. Wi-Fi in the room was also great for planning your days out.
There was a first-class restaurant for the evening meal with superb choices including duck, venison and wild boar. We dined there on two occasions, finding a lovely pub a few miles outside Tiverton for another two nights. The hotel also has a good bar area which does excellent bar snacks as a change from the restaurant.
Breakfasts are good with a choice of buffet or specials cooked to your requirements.
The well-managed and friendly hotel is a good stopping place for visits to north or south Devon and we certainly would have no hesitation in staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet position so that any room would be good. There is no lift so ask for ground...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Allol
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Alloi,

Thank you very much for posting such a great review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased you enjoyed some of our great local food.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
Travelodge Tiverton
Padbrook Park Hotel
Padbrook Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cullompton
Brambles Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!