“quality at a high price”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we used Tesco club card vouchers to pay for most of our 3 night stay. At £100 per night per queen room for 2 with breakfast is more than I could afford.The meals were priced out of my budget but the breakfasts were first class.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear MELVYN2104,
Thanks for your review.I'm delighted you enjoyed your first stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you both back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Tiverton Hotel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Quick last minute break with our dog. Arrived to find dogs were not allowed in the room booked for us, on the first floor, despite the booking agent confirming all would be ok. Crisis averted by the friendly receptionist and huge room offered for the same deal. Very clean and comfortable. Friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Room service was also excellent. The beautiful countryside and Great Western Canal walk added to the amazing 2 night break, we would stay at the same hotel again, if we choose to stay in Tiverton.

Room Tip: As for what you want.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MustardDorset

Dear MustardDorset,
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to post a review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your break in our beautiful part of Devon.
I take the point on dogs being allowed in some rooms, our policy is that we are happy to accept dogs in our standard rooms and I will take up this point with your agent, my apologies for any confusion.
I look forward to welcoming you and your dogs on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

this hotel located just outside tiverton but close to most things was nice and simple, no major frills but comfortable, clean and friendly and very good value for money. The flowers around the building a very nice and do go long way to hide a rather basic and character less building. Parking very good as well

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Steamjim
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Steamjim,
Thanks for your great review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your first stay with us and I and my team look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was impressed with this 3 Star hotel located in the heart of Devon. The staff gave a warm welcome and my wife and I were well looked after during our stay. The room was very clean and in good order. The curtains were lined and kept the sun out in the morning. The bed was a little lumpy and the mattress sagged but there were plenty of pillows and I slept well. Breakfast was traditional and somewhat haphazard but the staff coped well with the 0900 influx.
For a 3 Star hotel, this one is very good and worth a look.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian S

Dear Ian S,

Thanks for your kind review particularly on the cleanliness of the hotel which is appreciated and I will check the quality of the bed in the room which you used.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, please check the hotel website before you book which always offers the best rates.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew Edward C

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Room comfortable. Meal average. Ordered a continental breakfast to be delivered to my room as I was leaving early. Delivered nearly 20 mins late and missing some items. When I checked out was not asked anything about my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian W
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Ian W,

Your quite right, we didn't get all the details right during your stay, please accept my apologies your feedback is valuable to us and we as a team discuss every review we receive from our guests.

I will discuss the points you raise and I hope I can give you the confidence to return and demonstrate our regular standards we try hard to reach.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

kind regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a three night break, the receptionist was very welcoming and check in was quick. Having stayed at the hotel a couple of times before we knew what to expect, and we certainly weren't disappointed. The room was large, clean and fresh. The bed was extremely comfy with good quality bedding. Our dog was also travelling with us, he was delighted on arrival to the room to see a bowl with treats and a nice comfy blanket. It was good to have wifi, which was fast. At breakfast the staff were very friendly and efficient, there was lots of choice. Highly recommend the porridge, probably the nicest i have tasted. The hotel is in a great location, only minutes from the grand western canal which is a nice place for a walk or cycle. There is a large range of leaflets and brochures available on stand at reception which is helpful to find out what the area has to offer. Hotel gardener does great job, grounds well kept with lots of colour. Thanks to all the staff at the hotel, we had a very enjoyable stay and hope to return soon

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Haggis4
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Haggis4,

Thank you very much for such a great review indeed you have gone out of your way to specifically mention many of the team here and they will be thrilled to learn what's been written.

I hope you had a safe journey back home and I look forward to welcoming you on your return.

kind regards
Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
The Hartnoll Hotel
Jurys Inn Exeter
#11 of 31 in Exeter
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
Brambles Bed and Breakfast

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!