“Well done!”

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Helen J
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We recently spent two nights here with our boxer dog. We received a terrific welcome, room spacious and clean. Food good. Breakfast very good. Staff really friendly and attentive. It's a good base for lots of interesting places in Devon .

1  Thank Jennifer P

Dear Jennifer P,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay, I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please check our website which carries our exclusive offers.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had 2 night stay with breakfast and 1st evening meal included, Amazon deal and very good value. This hotel is very welcoming with a large and very comfortable bar/lounge, could not fault the food in the restaurant especially the good choice offered at breakfast. All staff very helpful and friendly. Our spacious and comfortable room with its large window was very light and had an extra bed, only downside the window did not open presumably as the double glazing unit had failed. Hospitality tray as well as usual tea/coffee had bottles of water, cappuccino, hot chocolate and biscuits improvement on the Premier Inn! Good location very close to the Grand Western Canal for lovely walks, canal ride etc, would stay here again.

1  Thank colinandjunep

Dear Colin P,

Thanks for you great review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your first stay here.

I see that you took advantage of a promotional rate through Amazon, this has been a good programme for us and we intend repeating it later this year so please check our website for details .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had an Amazon deal for a 2 night stay at the hotel with a 3 course meal on the first night. The hotel was modern and clean and central to the town. Our room was well appointed and clean with TV, refreshments and trouser press etc. Our evening meal, however was a disappointment. As a vegetarian I opted for the Stilton and Broccoli Crumble with a crusty cheese topping: What I got was broccoli in a thin white sauce a a couple of blobs of melted cheese, no crumble topping at all, when I emptied the dish onto my plate it just looked like vegetables in milk. I have had this dish many times and it was the worst one I have ever had. I brought this to the attention of the waitress who agreed that the topping was the best bit but offered no explanation as to why I was given this but did offer to get another dish but as my partner was half way through his meal already I declined. The vegetables were also bland with no butter or seasoning. My partner had lamb shank which was not very hot and consisted of lots of chopped up lamb. We notices the couple dining next to us had a much better meal there lamb was visibly hot and a proper shank and they said their vegetables were dribbled in a herb butter which was very tasty. We do wonder if we were given inferior food due to the Amazon deal we had purchased.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room and it was very hot as we could not risk leaving the windows open when we...
3  Thank Sue C
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Sue C,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post a review, they are very important to us and we always discuss customer feedback.
My apologies for the poor quality of your vegetarian dish in the restaurant, this is a dish we served many times so I'm not sure what happened on this occasion but it will be followed up. I also wanted to reassure you we do not treat guests any differently and treat all our guests equally regardless of which source of booking.
Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Well located hotel with easy access to Tiverton, an attractive small town, and convenient for exploring the rest of Devon. The room was excellent although we couldn't get the TV to show more than 1 Channel- not bothered as we don't watch much TV on holiday. Mentioned to receptionist on leaving and was assured it would have been explained/fixed had I asked. No lift to our first floor room.
Restaurant meals good but expensive, bar meals better value. Breakfast excellent.
The staff were attentive and helpful at all times.

1  Thank djcbs
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear djcbs,

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review on your recent stay, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your first visit to the hotel.

Thanks for the tip on the tv, it will be checked out and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel from the 21st July to the 25th July with a Tour Bus company with 46 other people and found that the Staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs. Hotel is very well situated as it was not far from the town centre and within walking distance and it was also kept very clean and tidy even the surrounding grounds.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that were used by our group were quite large as they seem to have a king size bed a...
1  Thank Stewart D
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Stewart D,

Thank you so much for your kind review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and the feedback for your group was excellent which was very satisfying to all the team here.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, please remember to check our website which always features our best rates.
kind regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Excellent service, good choice of main meals, excellent food cooked to perfection, clean and tidy rooms, and the staff are very pleasant and can't do enough to help! Beds were very comfortable, great location for the M5.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Mark B

Dear Mark B,

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to post a review on your stay.
I'm delighted you enjoyed the experience and we appreciate your kind comments which will be helpful to any potential guests who may be thinking of staying in the future.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
kind regards
Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
The Hartnoll Hotel
#1 of 3 in Cullompton
Bridge Guest House
Bridge Guest House
#8 of 33 in Tiverton

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!