“Good two night break”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our room was quiet clean and spacious. Check in was simple and helpful map and directions were given to local area. Bar was a nice quiet area to sit and read after returning from sightseeing. Enjoyable dinner in the restaurant. Good breakfast, although staff serve you from the buffet. Good car parking and convenient location.

2  Thank 27williamson
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear 27williamson,

Thank you for your kind review, I and my team are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

would stay again.if i travel to this area in the future.the staff are very helpful and the bed was very comfortable we had a good nights sleep. they provided a blanket and bowl for our dog which was very kind.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mrslisab2014

Dear mrslisab2014,

Thank for your kind review, I'm delighted you all enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Please check out our website before you return which always features the best offers available at the time.

Rhys roberts

Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan J

Reviewed 3 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen J
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We recently spent two nights here with our boxer dog. We received a terrific welcome, room spacious and clean. Food good. Breakfast very good. Staff really friendly and attentive. It's a good base for lots of interesting places in Devon .

1  Thank Jennifer P

Dear Jennifer P,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay, I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please check our website which carries our exclusive offers.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had 2 night stay with breakfast and 1st evening meal included, Amazon deal and very good value. This hotel is very welcoming with a large and very comfortable bar/lounge, could not fault the food in the restaurant especially the good choice offered at breakfast. All staff very helpful and friendly. Our spacious and comfortable room with its large window was very light and had an extra bed, only downside the window did not open presumably as the double glazing unit had failed. Hospitality tray as well as usual tea/coffee had bottles of water, cappuccino, hot chocolate and biscuits improvement on the Premier Inn! Good location very close to the Grand Western Canal for lovely walks, canal ride etc, would stay here again.

1  Thank colinandjunep

Dear Colin P,

Thanks for you great review and I'm delighted you enjoyed your first stay here.

I see that you took advantage of a promotional rate through Amazon, this has been a good programme for us and we intend repeating it later this year so please check our website for details .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had an Amazon deal for a 2 night stay at the hotel with a 3 course meal on the first night. The hotel was modern and clean and central to the town. Our room was well appointed and clean with TV, refreshments and trouser press etc. Our evening meal, however was a disappointment. As a vegetarian I opted for the Stilton and Broccoli Crumble with a crusty cheese topping: What I got was broccoli in a thin white sauce a a couple of blobs of melted cheese, no crumble topping at all, when I emptied the dish onto my plate it just looked like vegetables in milk. I have had this dish many times and it was the worst one I have ever had. I brought this to the attention of the waitress who agreed that the topping was the best bit but offered no explanation as to why I was given this but did offer to get another dish but as my partner was half way through his meal already I declined. The vegetables were also bland with no butter or seasoning. My partner had lamb shank which was not very hot and consisted of lots of chopped up lamb. We notices the couple dining next to us had a much better meal there lamb was visibly hot and a proper shank and they said their vegetables were dribbled in a herb butter which was very tasty. We do wonder if we were given inferior food due to the Amazon deal we had purchased.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room and it was very hot as we could not risk leaving the windows open when we...
3  Thank Sue C
Rhys R, Owner at Best Western Tiverton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Sue C,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post a review, they are very important to us and we always discuss customer feedback.
My apologies for the poor quality of your vegetarian dish in the restaurant, this is a dish we served many times so I'm not sure what happened on this occasion but it will be followed up. I also wanted to reassure you we do not treat guests any differently and treat all our guests equally regardless of which source of booking.
Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Rhys Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
Travelodge Tiverton
#1 of 4 in Bickleigh
The Mitre Inn
The Mitre Inn
#1 of 4 in Witheridge

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!