“All round great hotel....”

Best Western Tiverton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed here for one night, staff were friendly, room was good. I stay in hotels every week with work, i couldn't say one bad thing about this hotel! The food was excellent! All i can say is, if you need a hotel in this area.... stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Stayed one night in an Executive Room (#72).
Good location, easy parking, large room, decent shower, good breakfast, but due to adjoining back wall being no more than a stud wall, dreadfully noisy - adjacent TV and guest might just as well have been in the same room as me. Even the light switches could be heard. After a long journey, not a good night's sleep and certainly not the best preparation for a day's meetings to follow! Strangely, the Reception staff seemed unaware of any problems or previous complaints.
Did not eat in the restaurant (drove to Bickleigh to the delightful Fisherman's Cot instead) but did have a rather expensive beer in the bar which resembled a home brew.
Would stay again if guaranteed a "quiet" room though.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Stayed here for two nights 14- 16 August 2009, Mum and two kids aged 16 and 13. very easy to find and in a good spot very close to a large Tesco, so good for nibbles and fuel. Paid for whole stay using Tesco Clubcard vouchers but double check bill at check out as they tried charging me £50 more than they should've!! Hotel restaurant was too expensive for us and we struggled to find places to eat in Tiverton. We ended up driving to Exeter on both nights (only 20 mins drive) as they ave a great Wetherspoons called The George Meeting Rooms (I think!!) in an old church. Really not much in Tiverton, we gave the horse drawn barge a miss as it would of cost us £30 for a 2 and a half hour trip and the kids weren't that fussed about it!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Good size car park. Reception very polite and efficient. Room was quite large and had everything we needed. Lovely view over the river. Bed was on the hard side with sheets and blankets rather than duvet. Bathroom was very clean with lots of toiletries.
Dinner in the restaurant was good, portions adequate though not generous.
Breakfast was very good too, buffet style but some items individually cooked to order.
Check-out was simple and problem-free. All staff very helpful and friendly.

We have already booked for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank johnny-glen
Reviewed 7 June 2009

yep your not seeing double i went back ,
not a lot has changed , its still a good base , its got a 3 star rating so its not a dead swish hotel but its clean and tidy , pleasant enough and quite , the staff are good and the breakfast is very nice.
we booked on the best western usa site and got a buisnes class room with 3 breakfasts for £ 70 ,
I would have no problem recomending or returning here again ,

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Stayed at this hotel as part of my UK cycle tour and my main thought was wow! The room I was in was simply massive. Very clean, very comfortable and just far enough out of the centre so that it is within a five minute walk but is in a nice quiet position. Bathroom was very good and shower was great.

Hotel staff were very helpful and sorted out the storage of my bike very effectively, given the time I was leaving in the morning (5am) they also made sure the night staff were aware of the exact position of the bike behind the scenes and it was sitting ready for me to take away from the reception first thing in the morning, very well organised and professional.... may seem to be an odd thing to point out but I had a couple of bad experiences with recovering my bike in the early morning and I think this helped show the hotels efficiency very well.

Sorry for not supplying more but it was day 10 of my tour and I spent most of my time here resting and sleeping, something which I did easily as it was both very comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Allxn
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I came here for one night before an all-day conference on the Saturday. We had an all-in group rate of £110 for 2 persons Dinner B & B which seemed not unreasonable. As previously stated, this isn't the most cutting edge hotel, many rooms are far from reception, public and bedrooms are dated, and there is no lift. Our conference room was light and well eqipped with what we had asked for, and tea/coffee and snack lunch orders were efficiently dealt with. Staff were friendly.

12 of us sat down together for dinner and they managed to cope with that number adequately. Unfortunately the "Prime Devon steaks", whether you ordered sirloin or rump, were some of the toughest we have ever had to cope with - several of the party as well as my wife and myself, had these to general complaints. There was plenty of taste, but they were the consistency of leather, hard to cut and even harder to chew. We complained to the waiting staff and to reception who said "we'll have a word with the chef". Other dishes were considered fine.

Cooked breakfast was OK if not inspiring, and they did have occcasional shortages when there would be a wait before more items were cooked.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
Travelodge Tiverton
Waterloo Cross
Waterloo Cross
#1 of 1 in Uffculme
Devoncourt Resort & Apartments

Been to Best Western Tiverton Hotel? Share your experiences!