“Best in country?”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tiverton
Bury, United Kingdom
“Best in country?”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I regularly stay in Travelodge's throughout the UK, we are currently in the middle of a week's holiday staying at the Tiverton Travelodge, we cannot praise it highly enough. All the reception staff have been excellent on a daily basis as have the housekeeping staff.
A special mention for the attached Burger King staff who are also friendly and efficient.
It is very clean and comfortable, possibly the best Travelodge in the UK?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Piez A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Milnrow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip in Tiverton. Debbi and Kevin on the reception were absolutely wonderful, offering advice on local places to visit, and places to eat. They have a good knowledge of the area and were able to direct me to the local venue where my work course was being held. The rooms are very clean and basic, although the housekeepers cleaned them daily and it was nice to come back to my room cleaned, tidied, and tea and coffee refilled. Locally there is nothing to do in the vicinity and there is no on-site restaurant so its either Burger King or Costa coffee which are very expensive. The pub just up the road was well priced and the food was fantastic. I got a good nights sleep, and that is the main purpose of staying. The Wi-Fi here is terrible though, it cost me £12, and it wouldnt allow my iPad to connect. Tech support told me I would have to pay again. I tried to download a 30 minute program onto my laptop, which took over 6 hours. I'd suggest going to the costa next door and using the free wifi there, or taking a dongle.. however, the 3g reception here is non existent if you are on o2 or EE.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
uk
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here enroute to Bude.The hotel was a perfect location for our overnight stop over with only a couple of hours to complete our journey.We were very surprised how quiet the rooms were being so close to the motorway .The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly.we arrived late afternoon so decided to get a taxi to a local pub for our evening meal.There is a Costa Coffee next to the hotel and also a petrol station which stocked sandwiches.We will definitely stay here again enroute to Cornwall

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Southampton
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I arranged a trip for Mill enthusiasts to a 3 day trip touring Devon. We booked 10 rooms all were clean and well presented. The reception staff was very welcoming and efficient, a credit to Travelodge. We were all booked in to our rooms quickly. The beds were comfortable and the bottom sheet was good and flat with no wrinkles, the chambermaids certainly presented the rooms to a high standard. Thank you for two restful nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for an overnight stop. The receptionist was very helpful, offering places to eat locally.

I booked this hotel as the website said it had been recently refurbished. However, it had been given a new bed but I'm not sure what else had been refurbished. It was slightly grubby (it was clean overall) but seemed to have ingrained dirt in some areas of the room. The new beds are very comfortable and the best thing about travelodge!

The shower was okay of you are 5 feet tall but being over 6 feet it was very low down!

I borrowed an iron and ironing board from reception. The irons need replacing as they are not in a good state.

Overall it's not bad for a one night stay but I don't think I'd stay any longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London, England
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel appeared to be ok, until we needed a shower for a wedding, no hotwater and wouldn't be fixed until after we had to be at the wedding,too late then, so cold showers all around for about 5 rooms that were going to the wedding. Annoyingly, on Sunday morning, found we still had no hot water for a shower. Initially offered a voucher, but we said we are not frequent travelodge guests so no point, then offered a breakfast box, which we laughed at, that is hardly recompense for 2 cold showers. Besides, we already had plans for a nice cafe breakfast with some of the wedding party, we didn't want to eat a cheap dull breakfast in a box.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Frimley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The room was good value for money, cheap and cheerful, no frills, some noise from corridor and motorway but can't really argue for the price we paid. Windows didn't open very far for safety reasons and there was a strange smell (slightly musty/mouldy) so it would have been good to have slightly better ventilation. And better insulation between floors - I think we had a herd of baby elephants staying above us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiverton
Best Western Tiverton Hotel
#15 of 17 in Taunton
The Globe Inn
The Globe Inn
#1 of 2 in Sampford Peverell

Been to Travelodge Tiverton? Share your experiences!