“Vast space but limited Sunday menu”
Review of The Trout Inn

The Trout Inn
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Tiverton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Frome
“Vast space but limited Sunday menu”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Three of us arrived here at 12 noon on Sunday hoping to find a light lunch on our way home from South Devon. Plenty of staff behind the bar sharing jokes with each other, and what appeared to be a couple of chefs walking around. No other customers for half an hour when around four people walked in. We asked for our light lunch but were told they only did roast meals on Sundays, although we could order starters from the menu. The choice of three items didn't suit so we finished our drinks and left. There might have been some sort of rush after we had departed, but I thought the chef might have been able to rustle up three sandwiches in the lull before the storm. I could understand a busy restaurant unable to detract from the set menu, but with no-one around a bit more effort and less chat could have put a few extra pounds in the till - and us!

1 Thank MervFrome
Warrol, Manager at The Trout Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We were a little surprised by your review as not only were you greeted by all the staff members on duty, it was explained to you on 2 occasions by 2 different staff members the reason why we do not do sandwiches on a Sunday. All our food is served fresh and it being a Sunday means that we do not get a bread delivery. We therefore see no point in putting a few extra pounds in our till if we cannot provide the quality food we endeavour to produce.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“proper pub”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Trout inn reminds me of an old fashioned proper pub - Friendly and helpful landlord, staff polite and friendly and food lovely. I had mussells cooked in cider ! Why have wine when you're in cider country ? Superb !

Visited July 2014
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had an evening meal at this pub and were very surprised with the quality of the food provided. My Husband had the mussels which he said were exquisite. I had the lamb and it was divine.
We both had Cauliflower soup which was delicious.
We didn't have room for dessert :-)
The inside of the pub is not what you expect but the staff are very friendly and nothing seems too much trouble.
We stayed nearby but if we visit this area again we will definitely consider the Trout INN.
The prices seem high but the quality make the cost seem reasonable.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were staying nearby so decided to try this pub. On walking in and standing at the bar for quite some time without acknowledge form any of the 3 members of staff nearby, it wasn't that busy, we were just about to walk out. When a very nice lady welcomed us with an apology for the wait. The food was very good. Glad we stayed.

Warrol, Manager at The Trout Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review, unfortunately the 3 members of staff nearby were all involved in serving customers already. The reason I apologised to you for the wait was because I had noticed you when you came in and because we always endeavour to serve our customers as quickly as possible I made sure that you were my next priority once I had finished serving food to another customer. I am very glad you enjoyed your food and I do hope that we will see you again in the future.
Chard
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Booked Sunday lunch for 4. I enquired about seating arrangements as my dad is in a wheelchair. We were given a table close to both the bar and toilets, nothing was too much trouble.
All of us chose the Sunday lunch although there were other bar meals on offer. No complaints at all. Very nice food served by friendly and efficient staff.
Sign outside said 'new menu coming soon' so good reason to call in again for an evening meal. Couple of ales on offer. Would recommend to anyone.