“A superb B&B”

Straightway Head House
Ranked #2 of 3 Whimple B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were sorry this was just for one night. We can't fault anything. We were welcomed with an offer of tea (with hot scones, jam and clotted cream and home made cake) in the conservatory. Our room was extremely comfortable and quiet and the bathroom was well equipped - loved the fluffy towels. Breakfast was everything I love - fresh fruit with yoghurt, home made granola. Sorry to say goodbye.

The one downside was that I returned to our far from perfect, very muddly home!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2013

What a joy to share Cally and Mike's home with them - if only for a short time. The three important things we want when away: the place, the people and the food - all were excellent. The lovely human warmth and kindly help we needed in an area totally new to us was there in abundance. Mike even went and collected my daughter from the local railway station when he'd only just returned home. They'd never even met each other before! We were particularly struck by the attention to detail on many different counts. So, if you've had a tense week in London this is the place to go and chill.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pauline A
Reviewed 11 September 2013

A lovely warm welcome from Cally the owner , made me feel very at home on my 3 night stay .
The place was spotless , rooms extremely comfortable , en-suite modern bathroom.
I had a great nights sleep in the luxurious kingsize bed (so much so, I will purchase the same brand for myself when a new one is required ).
The breakfast spread was fit for a king , spoilt for choice.
I was very disappointed I had dinner arrangements all week, because if the standard of breakfast was anything to go by I would have loved to have tasted an evening meal , definitely next time , yes there will be a next time !!

highly recommended , go try for yourself

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mrhunt4
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Two years ago on a trip through the Southwest we happened to stumble across Straightway Head House B&B. We wanted to stay a night, yet ended up staying almost a week.
What a most fortunate coincidence to have found this place!
We felt comfortable and quite at home in the luxurious and stylish atmosphere of this formidable house, so we came back the next year, and it certainly won´t be our last stay there.

We wish to express our heartfelt thanks for the gracious hospitality we found at Straightway Head.
And Carolyn - special thanks for your gold medal cuisine.
We will certainly recommend Straightway Head House to our friends.
Erik W. and Ursula Thomas
Windhagen, Germany

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank erikthomas

Been to Straightway Head House? Share your experiences!