We had a lovely one night stay at Woodhayes. We arrived to a warm welcome of afternoon tea and cake in the Drawing Room. The Country house has a lovely atmosphere - being beautifully decorated and furnished to a very high standard but maintaining a relaxed and comfortable feel. The breakfast was excellent - we shall certainly be back when visiting friends this way again.
Highly recommend this Hotel if you are needing to stay in the Exeter area.... it is most definately worth spending a few pounds more due to the cleanliness, high quality bedding/furniture/bathroom fittings/space and general ambiance - and to top it off an exceptional breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodhayes Country House is an 18th-Century Georgian Villa, nestled in a tranquil rural setting on the outskirts of the village of Whimple in East Devon and within easy reach of the bustling Cathedral City of Exeter and the spectacular World Heritage Jurassic Coastline. Guest accommodation comprising a luxury boutique B & B in the main house, with very spacious rooms, stylish interiors and elegant period features, as well as two private luxury self catering holiday cottages, all of which are set within five acres of formal gardens and paddocks. Whether you’re on business and in need of a quiet pit-stop, or looking to get away from it all for a few days’ leisure, at Woodhayes you will enjoy exceptional comfort, warm and friendly hospitality and plenty of space to unwind and relax. Simply the greatest luxury bed and breakfast in Devon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Woodhayes Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodhayes Country House Hotel Whimple
- Woodhayes Country House Whimple, Devon