The decor and ambience of this B&B feels like a four or five start hotel. We stayed in the Van Gough room (all the rooms are named after painters) which is a good size with a huge bathroom with a large heated towel rail. Molton Brown soap was an added bonus. The owner was very helpful and recommended two local pubs which were within easy walking distance.
Breakfast was excellent in the lovely breakfast room. Cooked items were made to order and you could help yourself to fruit salad, yoghurt etc.
As a PR person I was very impressed by the branding and professional approach of the owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodhayes Country House is an 18th-Century Georgian Villa, nestled in a tranquil rural setting on the outskirts of the village of Whimple in East Devon and within easy reach of the bustling Cathedral City of Exeter and the spectacular World Heritage Jurassic Coastline. Guest accommodation comprising a luxury boutique B & B in the main house, with very spacious rooms, stylish interiors and elegant period features, as well as two private luxury self catering holiday cottages, all of which are set within five acres of formal gardens and paddocks. Whether you’re on business and in need of a quiet pit-stop, or looking to get away from it all for a few days’ leisure, at Woodhayes you will enjoy exceptional comfort, warm and friendly hospitality and plenty of space to unwind and relax. Simply the greatest luxury bed and breakfast in Devon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Woodhayes Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodhayes Country House Hotel Whimple
- Woodhayes Country House Whimple, Devon