“Delicious food but scrap the slate”

Home Farm Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open every evening to both non-residents and residents. There is a reduced menu on Sunday evenings. Food served from 6pm to 9pm. The restaurant serves a wide selection of food, all of which is freshly-cooked, locally sourced and seasonal. All of our ingredients are sourced from local farms and businesses. Our chef is very experienced and extremely passionate about food. There is a daily menu plus a specials board.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food here is incredible and my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our starters (Thai fish cakes and a beautifully fresh home made tomato soup). For mains we had crispy skin salmon with mint pea purée and veg and fish and chips with homemade tartar sauce. For some horrific reason they serve meals on slate so unfortunately my purée and veg were cold by the time the dish reached me. The noise of my knife and fork on the slate made me skin crawl so I had to ask for a plate.
Staff were friendly and polite and we had the option to eat outside, in the bar or in the resteraunt.
If you're passing through then this place is definitely worth popping in to but ask for PLATE NOT SLATE!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Beautifully presented. Wonderful tastes, fresh and perfectly cooked using local ingredients. Delicious.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely friendly hotel, my room was perfect for me clean & comfortable, yes I would stay here again. The hotel sits nice & Central just outside Honiton & 20 mins from Exeter airport & Short drive to the coast.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I use Home Farm as a base when working in the area.

I have stayed here 3 times in the last year and can not fault it in any way.

The rooms are quiet and comfortable and decorated to a high standard.

The food is fantastic with a varied choice and on a couple of occasions they have cooked me what I wanted even though it was not on the menu !

The free wifi is great for me as I tend to work in the evenings when staying here.

In the summer it is great to sit outside and enjoy the countryside views and in winter there is a warm and cosy atmosphere.

Home Farm offers great value for money and Ashley and his team are a great credit to this hotel,very friendly and welcoming and always there to help if required.

A great place to relax whether for business or pleasure, large hotel chains take note this is how a hotel should be run and I will be staying here again without a doubt.

SUPERB !

Andy Burton

2  Thank AndyB186363
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Amazing food from the new chef, Paul Finch. All the dishes we had at dinner were faultless - delicious, well presented and to a top restaurant standard. The full breakfast was the best we've had! The restaurant staff were also delightful.