Myself and my girlfriend visited Twitchem House Holiday Village at the beginning of September . Upon arrival the reception area was clean and tidy and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately that was as good as it got. On entering our Platinum Caravan we noticed that there was bedding on the side for us to make up the bed. Only place we have been where beds were not made up on arrival. The floor was dirty and not mopped. The windows were filthy. Most of the kitchen utensils were dirty. Radiator thermostat in lounge was broken and on the floor. Table edge was damaged with sharp edges. Fridge door handle missing.
Stated there was a freezer in caravan but it was just a freezer box in the fridge which was completely frosted up.
Complained to the on duty manager who was very apologetic and reacted promptly to solve some of the problems and promised us a complimentary bottle of wine...... which must still in the wine cellar as we never saw it.
The in the bar and restaurant were sullen and rude when asked for directions.
The site as a whole looked very tired and in need of a lot of work which we understand is happening this winter.
On a plus the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its Edwardian manor house and situated on a sleepy Devon lane that meanders down to Mortehoe village, the park is an ideal haven for a leisurely holiday. Set in acres of picturesque woodland, you can easily walk down to the beach through the beautiful countryside or you'll find loads of fun facilities on the Park for all ages. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Twitchen House Holiday Village Hotel Woolacombe
- Twitchen Holiday Park Woolacombe
- Twitchen House Holiday Village Woolacombe, Devon