“Disappointing supermarket grub”
Review of Sophias' Bistro - CLOSED

Sophias' Bistro
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: We DO NOT sell nor have ever claimed to sell authentic Spanish Tapas Dishes!
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
“Disappointing supermarket grub”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went here with my husband for a birthday meal. (the reason i didn't complain).
I had the same Tesco multipack water that i paid £1.50 for, the food itself was extremely disappointing and I'm afraid tasted awful to the point where I couldn't eat it beyond a few mouthfuls.
It all seems to be bought and microwaved from Tesco in ifracombe, even the garlic bread, which was burnt! (one of the easiest things to make!)
Woolacombe has some lovely places to eat, i would avoid this place like the plague.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank 293Travelbug

“Friendly Staff - Average Food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Staff were friendly and experience was good just a shame the food didn't live up to expectations, very average food at best, price was reasonable

Amersham, United Kingdom
“Love it - a favourite”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Gorgeous food, great selection and fun to try lots of different flavours. Good selection of drinks too. Nice atmosphere too.

Visited July 2014
Aylesbury
“Over priced rubbish from tesco!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was open minded and looking forward to dinner after visiting Woolacombe for the past 5 years but not eating here. I wish I hadn't bothered. The menu was poor and not at all authentic Spanish tapas. My girlfriend and I had a vegetarian sharing platter which was basically a meze starter and certainly not the amount of food I would expect for £23. Olives tasted cheap, vine leaves (very Spanish! ) were poor and bread was stale.
Drinks looked reasonably priced until you realised that the £1.50 still mineral water was in fact a bottle from a tesco multipack complete with label. 6 bottles for under £2! Our friends fared no better with large plates of chilli nachos (more crisps than chilli), chorizo in red wine (mainly cheap greasy bacon) and bbq chicken (dry and over priced).
Would I go back? Only for a refund! Save your money and head to an actual restaurant.

2 Thank Andy_Nash1980
Gloucestershire
“Good family run restaurant in Woolacombe”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We ate at Sophia's on Saturday 5th April and enjoyed a lovely, reasonably priced meal. I ordered the stuffed vine leaves and greek salad and both were fresh and tasty. Hubby and son shared a £17 sharing platter which with a bread basket was plenty of food for two hungry males. The owners couldn't do enough for you and I would recommend to anyone visiting Woolacombe. The art work was great to look at whilst eating too!

• Visited April 2014