See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I have just stayed 2 nights in this wonderful B & B. It is very comfortable and Rita and Ted are fantastic hosts.
The room was very comfortable and the breakfast has a wide choice with the English being delicious.
It is walking distance to the village and fantastic Woolacombe beach.
I would definitely recommend "The Haven" and will hopefully be staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simon u
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I found them accidentally since they have no website, but I was surprised at the price, really down to earth, I will say even cheap, so I wasn't expecting too much. We arrived late in the evening about 9:30 PM, but since agreed with Ted before, that wasn't a problem at all. The room was perfectly clean, and they where very welcoming. Parking space available, so that is also good. Beach is 5 minutes away, perfect, you don't need a car to get to the beach so no need to pay any pricey parking at the beach. Room equipment is good, not that I have used the TV too much, and they where happy to fulfill all our wishes. A bit of downside is that you cannot pay with card, so that makes booking a bit more complicated, but trust me it worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Thank Borconi Szedres... E
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Felt very welcome in this clean and restful B&B. Our well-behaved young dog was fussed over and given treats, and we definitely appreciated the calm and flexible attitude of the proprietors.

Breakfast was a very traditional Full English and I was provided with an alternative to baked beans, which I really appreciated.

Overall: friendly, no-frills, lovely hosts. Only downside is the short but steep walk back from the beach.

Room Tip: They do have a family-type room with garden access. If you want it, just ask!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2013

A big thank you to Rita & Ted for making us so welcome. We travelled to Woolacombe to attend a funeral & they went above & beyond to make a not very pleasant time so much easier for us. They are perfect hosts & so friendly it's like visiting family. Our room was bright & comfortable & the view from our window that overlooked the bay was lovely. The tea tray was well stocked & the towels fluffy. The whole guest house is spotless & Rita's cooked breakfast did just what she said 'set us up for the day ahead' & Ted's waiting talents must not be left out & if you don't fancy a full english then Rita will accommodate requests (I'd like one of her at home!). The Haven is a stones throw away from the hub of the beach life but as it's up a lane it's so peaceful & quiet you couldn't help but feel relaxed, we wished we could have stayed longer but would not hesitate to go back or to recommend The Haven to anyone wanting a relaxing break.
Trudy & Dave from Hampshire.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Thankyou to Ted and Rita for a lovely break at The Haven.
A fabulous cooked breakfast, comfortable and cosy beds and a warm welcome.
This B & B is overlooking gorgeous Woolacombe Bay and has lovely views over the sea and national trust land. Within minutes walk of Woolacombe village with lots of shops and amenities.
We can recommend this 100% and will definitely return.

Toni & John