“Super Food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband had steak and I had duck - both excellent quality - cooking on the volcanic stone is a great idea, Great service and wonderful views too.

There are newer reviews for Bees

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Ate here last nite (31st aug) 16 of us warmly welcomed, you order your food and it is brought tou you rare(blue) on a sizzling stone u then cook to your liking much fun. Meat is of the highest quality my sirloin was fantastic cut like butter, and to not add the surf to the turf at a restaurant a stones throw from the beach would be criminal. Prawns and scallops that were also fantastic. Special thanks for managing to fit us all in as I'm sure it would not have been the easiest task to get 16 hot rocks out plus sides all in 1go. A must try!!!

2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant many times for coffee and lunch and have always said we will go for dinner. So we went this evening and what an amazing experience we had. You cook your own steak and most meals on volcanic black rock and your meal is served rare but the beauty of this is you get to cook it to your liking and it's really good fun. The meat is so tender and juicy and tastes so good. Service is laid back and efficient and I cannot fault it at all. We will return soon and will recommend it to anyone. Excellent and thank you to Steph and Greg. Be proud of what you have achieved.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

My family and I ate at Bees and thought it was good fun cooking your own steaks. Not too expensive and the wine was also very reasonable. Service was quick and the chips are to die for! All in all a good place to eat.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Went here last night for the hot rock experience and had a excellent time the food is great the steaks are melt in mouth good, it is a bit more pricey but you certainly get what you pay for thank you so much for a great evening and service.

1  Thank Jonathan J