“very nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woolacombe
Golden Coast Holiday Village
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just came home from a long weekend at the golden sands,we booked a exculsive caravan very nice and clean,when we arrived in the caravan,we saw they'd left a grocery starter pack sausages, bacon,bread and cleaning materials.The site was very big, 3 pools (1 outside),bowling, good entertaintment for the kids,we ate in the old mill pub which was very nice,they had locally sourced food on the specials board nightly.we had a very good weekend even with the rain.

4  Thank sisuttonLondon
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Aidan Glover - General Manager

There are newer reviews for Golden Coast Holiday Village

Reviewed 2 July 2012

we have just returned from 5 days at this site we upgraded to a gold lodge which was great (could do with abit of updating in places) but it did the job, despite the weather we had a good time.
there is plenty to do on site if the weather is abit poor, we visited the waves pottery place and kids can decorate there pots, which was great fun and a nice keep sake. Bowling was a good afternoon out as well.
the entertainment was really good.
my eldest loved going in the pools and spending time on the park.
The mill pub was good too nice food and there is a park near by which the kids can play it is a little high so you have to be on guard.
We did stay at their sister place last year Woolacombe bay which had great views, but Golden Coast is more geared up for Kids and if you get Bad Weather for definate there is more to do.
As always the Beach at Woolacombe is fantastic if you do manage to get on the beach.

Room Tip: i would upgrade
1  Thank DonnaSDerby
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Its great to hear you made use of lots of the facilities we offer during your stay, we try to offer something for everyone whatever the weather! Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We also booked through the Sun.This was our third time staying at this park.In the past we stayed in the honeysuckle lodges.These are a bit grubby. We opted for the upgrade offer and stayed in a 2011 caravan.Also on the Cleaveland site,really nice part of the park.a little walk from the main clubhouse,but close to the mill pub,which does some nice food.If you walk down the hill there is an indoor pool.Because it's away from the main part of the park it's really qutet,small but nice.Just make sure you get tokens from reception.Also there are no lifeguards there.
Now the best thing about this park for us was the staff.They are so talented and really great with the kids.
We all laughed so much throughout our stay.The entertainment was fantastic.Loved the hilarious panto,and the comedian.
The shop is well stocked with everything you need.Really good fresh food.
We painted three items in waves,word of advice.If you have very little ones,don't pick anything to expensive to paint.I spent ages trying to paint over a black plate.....Really nice place.
My only moan would be that I still didn't get my lost pound back in the arcade after telling reception twice.
Really great place,can't wait to go back again.
I was a little worried after reading some reviews before we left.Glad that we had a great time.
Well done Golden Coast really impressed. Don't want to sound snobby,but I have stayed in all sorts all over the world from 5 stars to tents.You get what you pay for.If you moan about any little thing ,then just don't go.

2  Thank anne h
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our team, especially the ParkStar entertainers here at the Golden Coast. I hope you managed to salvage the plate and ended up with a nice holiday memento from our Waves ceramic studio. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just returned from an excellent family holiday at Golden Coast with 4 & 1 yr old children. Had a really good time.
Accomodation was a silver lodge which suited our needs perfectly, much more spacious than a caravan. The children loved the swimming pools and we even ventured into the outdoor pool on one occassion, where daughter and husband had fun on the water slides. Lifeguards were attentive (we even saw a rescue by one). Having been to other holiday parks it was nice not to have the usual 10-4 restrictions on the pools.
Having been to the park on previous occassions I was very impressed with the new EX34 area which looks very professional and offers a range of activities for the slightly older 'kids'. My daughter loved the bungee trampoline and the pitch and putt, whilst husband tried his hand at the High Ropes course and the new Woolacombe Wave surf simulator. This was done very professionally and dispite being a novice surfer he even made it up on his feet with thh help of the instructor. Staff seemed friendly and competant.
Plenty to do though without spending money and a great location for exploring thesurrounding area. Woolacombe beach is fantastic, and there are plenty of walks along the coast.
Thanks for a great holiday.

4  Thank plumontour
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. As a regular guest we value your feedback and I’m glad to hear you are impressed with our investment in our new EX34 extreme sports area. See you soon! Aidan Glover - General Manager.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was our 3rd year at golden coast and must say this was by far the best.
upon arrival we were seen at reception straight away.we arrived at lunchtime and had a good walk around to see the new sports complex.our accomadation was ready at 3pm(we are told it's 4pm in conformation letter but we like to have a good look around first).
we upgraded to a gold lodge(cost £60) and found this accomadation absolutly perect.all we needed was tea towels.kitchen untensils were plentyful,good cooker,washer/dryer,fridge freezer and dishwasher. if i'm honest it was home from home.
we had a free linen pack with this upgrade.the linen was crisp and very clean.i would say probably new,if not well done to linen personnel.the rooms were very clean and bright and airy.
we had a heated outdoor pool 10 yards from our door which we went in every morning
we go on the sun holiday deal so total outlay for 5 days from 18th june was £180.this was£590 in the brochure so was very very happy with price.
as usual there is lots of free activities,brand new pirates crazy golf,5 swimming pools(2 indoors),cinema,saunas,tennis,pitch and putt,soft play area and much more. we bought a pass for the extreme area which consists of the wave rider(surf machine)climbing wall,waterwalkers,bungee trampoline,bungee run,high ropes. they have varying prices as to what activities you want to do.ours cost £10 for the climbing wall,waterwalkers and bungee trampoline which took over an hour. so reasonably priced i feel.
our daughter is 5 years old so not tall enough to do some of these activies but staff were excellent as usual with us and the children. they also have a surf bar and seating area with music and games under cover and looks fantastic..
evening entertainment is usual for holiday parks,childrens funtime form 6.30 until 8pm. then bingo for 45 mins and then caberet and more.
the park stars are great with the kids and really wear them out haha.
we also went to the onsite bowling alleys. this cost £14 for three of us for around an hour which is just under what we pay near our home,a very competitive price.
the food on site is standard fare for holiday parks,pizza, chips and burgers and kids meals too. there is another menu for adult meals which is better and they do some healthy options too.these are around £8+ per person.
as usual our stay was great and felt well looked after.
accomadation was fantastic and staff great.
now my complaint..... no grill pan in cooker! we could of went to reception and asked for one but didn't bother,so partly down to my laziness!
Well that really is the only thing i could find wrong.
a must is booking bus ticket with golden coast on booking with them as this is £2 each for the week and as it costs £6 minimum to park at woolacombe beach each day its no brainer!...who wouldnt want to travel on an open top double decker to the beach.
well done Golden Coast.
see you next year for more fun and laughter.

Room Tip: upgrade accomadation. ours was £60 upgrade cost on top of sun holiday so total cost was £180 but...
3  Thank martindowds
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. It's great to hear that you stay with us regularly and always have a fantastic stay. We value your feedback and we will continue to invest in our accommodations and facilities for you to enjoy hopefully for many years to come. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We booked a 3 bedroomed Silver graded caravan for a family of four and are glad we did have the extra bedroom and not try and squash the four of us into a two bedroomed one.
Our caravan was sited on the Cleaveland part of the park and although it was a bit of a walk from the main complex we were glad of its location as it was very peaceful and pretty with some lovely views. We were also closer to the football pitch which my son was pleased about!

I have very high standards of cleanliness (some would say I have OCD) so I did take bleach and jay cloths with me, but I was pleasantly surprised by how clean the caravan was on arrival and I didn't have to clean anything before using it. The one thing I did pick up on is that the venetian blinds in the kitchen area and the bathroom were thick with dust and could do with some deep cleaning and not just a quick wipe down, but overall that is me being very picky. To be honest, I got more than I expected as every utensil we needed was provided and we were able to cook some lovely breakfasts and meals. We had a parking bay right next to the caravan and a picnic table with bbq plate too (take your own disposable bbq's). The gas fire in the caravan was more than adequate (we needed it on every day) and soon heated the van up. The 'heater' in the twin bedrooms could hardly be described as heaters though - think more of a hairdryer being blown through a vent in a cupboard! We hired the linen and found this to be clean and basic and with the use of our hot water bottles that we took with us none of us were cold during the night at all.
Surprisingly, the very narrow single beds did give us all a good nights sleep, although the pillows could do with replacing. My son described his as like sleeping on a sack of sprouts!

The public areas were clean and tidy and the new outdoor sports facilities were great. I think the prices for these were reasonable and was happy with paying £32 for the top package for six activities. Buying up front like this saves about £10 I think and my son enjoyed the excitement and thrills of what was on offer. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased to find out that the crazy golf was free - just needed to pay a deposit of £1 for the club and golf ball which was instantly refunded on return. On the odd day that we got some sunshine we were able to sunbathe by the outdoor pool and the lovely weather is what really makes a difference to this holiday park. However, in high season I don't know how the outdoor pool would cope with the number of holiday makers who wanted to use it as it's not that big.

I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, especially the Extreme Sports guys, and my son really loved the surf instructors - they all had a great rapport with the kids and are a credit to themselves and the resort.

The evening entertainment is very much the same every night, but I find this wherever I go, even when it's abroad. It's the same songs, the same kiddy games etc until 10pm when the adult entertainment comes on stage. Some of the cabaret acts I found very good, some not.
The staff in the bar and entertainment lounge work hard in tedious circumstances...

We ate in the entertainment lounge on our first night and was surprised how expensive it was.
A pizza was £10, so instead we chose a burger meal deal. That was the one and only time we ate there - it was tasteless. We found that prices were quite high to eat out so we ended up eating more in our caravan than we expected. The curry at the Old Mill Pub was very nice and not a bad price for what you got. We also found a nice carvery pub just off site not far from the main entrance which we used as by the end of the week we were all craving a decent roast and some fresh veg! If you're going to eat out on site then budget for around £9.00 per head per adult each meal.

The bus service into Woolacombe was great and good value for money for a weeks ticket. If you book and pay for this in advance it's only £2 per person for the whole week. Going out of season we had no problem with getting on the bus when we wanted to.

This may sound daft, but this is really the sort of holiday for people who are tolerant of children!
I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to go here who didn't have children. Now my lad is getting older I am finding it harder to sit in an evening entertainment venue that has 100's of screaming toddlers running around everywhere from 6pm until 11pm who are not under any form of control from their 'grown ups'.

Overall, I think the Golden Coast has a lot to offer for children, but like everywhere in this country you need to rely on the weather to make the most of this resort. Sadly for us it rained most of our stay, which is why we usually go abroad but couldn't this year due to personal circumstances.
If I was to choose this type of holiday again I would consider going back to Golden Coast.

Room Tip: The caravans seem to have better reports on cleanliness than the lodges so choose a caravan on Cleav...
1  Thank TheReb
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

I’m glad to hear you made use the facilities on offer for our guests and enjoyed your stay, and that you had a few days of sunshine as well. We do try to offer activities for guests of all ages and we are very popular with couples outside of the school holidays. We hope to see you again in the future and will continue t invest in more facilities for you all to enjoy. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We travelled on 18th June 2012 and after a 4 1/2 hour trip from Chesterfield Derbyshire was really looking forward to checking in and getting into our room.....Well when we arrived we was met with a 20 deep que that was poaring out of the building, thankfully is wasn't raining as we were 20 mins before being served.....checking in went smoothly. We was giving number 26 pine cones, there was no parking anywhere near, we had to stop outside the door then rush to unload holding up cars behind who were unable to pass because of a single track road, I eventually found a place to park on the otherside of the park no where near our room. Now come's the good bit, the room was what only can be described as disgusting, when we opened the door we was met with the most foulest of smells like mould,dirt and ash tray smell, I have nothing against smokers as i used to be one but the room was stinking really bad. It was like walking into a 1980's bedsit, all the future was dated and scabby and not seen a cloth and cleaner for months. The cooker was filthy,brown and covered in grease, we had ants in the kitchen,graffiti on the bedroom wall, damp on the ceilings from the above accommidation, the tv was about 30 years old....it just looked to me that this company visit all the local charity shops and buy all the furniture from there.
The onsite activities are ok, we did bowling £10.60 for 1 game 2 of us, pitch and putt £5 deposit, indoor swimming, just grab a token from reception to gain access to the pool area. We didnt eat here but we did have a few drinks in the bar area, service was slow on the first night as the staff member was also waiting on tables for customers eating, he was dashing about all over the place poor fella. The tuesday night we was also in the bar area for the England/ukraine game, service was better on this night as there was more staff available....think we payed £3.35 for a pint of calsberg. To be honest the facilties are what you would expect from a famly holiday park, all the kids seemed to be having a great time, its just the rooms were a digrace, I would have sooner pitched a tent. We were booked from Mon till Fri but we left on the Weds night as didnt want to stay in the room any longer, we didnt want to complain as other guests told us there rooms were the same and cudnt imagine any other rooms being any better. Facilties 4 star, accomidation 1 star !!! If your reading this Golden coast total refurbishment required! Book with caution or not at all.

Room Tip: Book some where else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank sdennis790
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

I’m sorry to hear you were not happy with your Bronze Apartment and did not make us aware of any issues at the beginning of the holiday so we could put them right and allow you to enjoy the rest of your holiday. We do offer a range of different style and grade accommodation to meet all our guests’ needs and I’m sure if you chose to stay again we could discuss different accommodation options. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolacombe
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
#6 of 7 in Combe Martin

Been to Golden Coast Holiday Village? Share your experiences!