We stayed in a Gold Apartment which was a mixture of modern and new ( bathrooms) and slightly chintzy furnishings ( bedrooms). It was spacious enough and providing a barbecue is a nice touch.
The kids loved the park (bowling, wave machine, trampolines, evening disco, outdoor pool with slides). The area is fantastic and Woolacombe beach is superb where we all had a go at surfing.
The disappointing aspects were:
1. The old mill pub food was at best average. We sent the apple pie back ( we've never done that). The real ales were poor quality also. I also think the adventure playground is slightly dangerous.
2. The main indoor pool is very basic and not very kid friendly. On a rainy day we couldn't get in so had to go down to the caravan park next door. The pool there was tiny and absolutely packed. It was a ridiculous situation and it seemed like the park couldn't cater with everyone wanting to be indoors on a rainy day.
3. No free Wifi on site. Surely this is a must in this day and age ?
Overall, we enjoyed our stay despite some mixed weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Coast offers a unique holiday experience with something for everyone to enjoy. Situated at the head of a picturesque valley, the Park can be as action-packed or indulgently relaxing as you with with all the facilities you could dream of to keep all ages entertained from dawn to dusk. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Golden Coast Holiday Village Hotel Woolacombe
- Golden Coast Holiday Village Woolacombe, Devon