“beach retreat at woolacomb golden coast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woolacombe
Golden Coast Holiday Village
Reviewed 13 June 2014

not happy with the beach retreat we had and i paid £10 extra to make sure we had a beacgh retreat and not one of those dark and dingy flats that they offered us last year.Table in living room had rust half way up the lega, there was mildew on one corner of the duvet and the living room curtains were hanging by the thread of the rufflet tape we had to cut our way in to the retreat as it was overgrown withnettles and plants

Room Tip: make sure you pay to upgrade as their own caravans have barbecues and decking but as i went on a sun...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We were sorry to read you were not totally satisfied with your Beach retreat caravan, we do offer a wide range of accommodation at the Golden Coast and aim to have something to suit all budgets. We hope you choose to visit again as I’m sure there would be a style and grade of accommodation more to your liking at the Golden Coast. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

A good weekend surely will try again. Lovely well maintained outdoor pools. Nice activities and views from caravan. Quiet central location of all ammunities. The only thing was non availability of things like cinema (due to vandalism) unable to pay via cash machine (cash machine not working). Could really improve lack of enthusiasm in some staff as supposed to others.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities on site, especially the swimming pools, although I am disappointed that the cinema was not available for a period during your stay. We did our utmost to rectify this as quickly as possible, however I do hope this did not detract from your holiday experience. I have noted your comments regarding the staff, and will reiterate the importance of customer service to our team. We do hope to welcome you back in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a really fab weekend, everything you need on the park, and a nice town near by in Barnstable. Fabulous beach in woolacombe. Also went into ilfracombe which has a nice beach. Accommodation on the park was clean and tidy. Defiantly go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at Golden Coast, and explored our beautiful surrounding area. We are so lucky to be located on the fabulous North Devon coast, surrounded by quaint villages and fantastic family attractions, not to mention the variety of magnificent beaches. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked through a newspaper promotion and from past reviews weren't expecting anything spectacular - how wrong we were!!

We arrived early and checked in and the reception staff were lovely and very helpful! We upgraded to a Silver caravan which was spotless and perfect for us with our 3yr old son.

There was loads for the kids to do and in a party of 8 Adults and 8 children ranging from 3yrs to teenagers they were all busy off doing activities and never bored :o)

The evening entertainment was also excellent for both Adults and Kids.

We will definitely be back it was lovely and all of the staff were very helpful - thanks for a lovely holiday!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Ozzy0109

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely review, our team will be very pleased to read your kind words. I am happy to read that your accommodation was perfect for your family’s requirements, and you found this to be spotless on your arrival. We have a variety of facilities on site, aiming to cater for all personal preferences and interests and I am so pleased that your family did not find a minute to get bored. We do hope to welcome you back in the future, keep checking the website for fantastic offers. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I stayed here at the begining of May. It was a bargin break for my birthday. we've been to the park many times over the last 10 years and have always had a nice time. Our group was 4 adults a child and a Baby. we had a bit of an issue before we arrived, as we had booked a newspaper midweek holiday and decided to tag a full price weekend stay onto it so that we could exten our visit. We called the park to find out if there was a chance that we could spend the whole week in the same accomadation, they couldn't tell us if this was possible unless we upgraded. we went for the upgrade to silver (which is now bronze. so being told you have upgraded from silver to bronze is slightly strange) Any way we arrived at the park and were allocated a caravan in clevewood. it was a bit of a squeeze but was ok until i found that the van itself was slightly wonky I kept getting dizzy and feeling a little sick as did my Mum. The only other issue was that the steps to get into the van were very big and a bit inconvinent.
I went to reception to tell them about the wonky caravan issue. The staff were very helpful, we were asked to wait and the manager (Terry) came to see us he apologised for the wonkiness and offered to move us to another localtion. we were moved to a silver 3 bed lodge in the lakeside area. Terry was lovely and helpful he even organised a baby bath to be delivered to the lodge for me.

The lodge itself was a little dated but it was clean and tidy and there was pleanty of space for us all. The only downside to this was that the beds although clean and mattresses new looking they are rock solid ( really sleeping on it made my hip hurt) I had to put another quilt under the sheet to soften it up abit.

The park itself is lovely the my Dad, son, husband, and me all tried the wave rider and really enjoyed it. Son and Hubby had 2 goes. We also Did lots of swimming, table tennis, snooker and pool. as mentioned in other reviews the swimmimg pool is small, however it was quiet so this wasn't an issue.

Here is my only gripe about the park in general. At times the whole place but in particular the bowling, ticket redemption area seems to be run by teenagers and not the happy chirpy american type, but the surly 'am i bovvered' type. we went to book a bowling lane my brother an his wife were also staying t the park so we needed to book 2 lanes next to each other. we knew we'd need to book ahead. The only way I can do this justice is to tell you the conversation that we had.
Me: we'd like to book 2 lanes for bowling please
Him: if you want to lanes you'll have to book
Me: Yes please can we book?
Him: well were very busy so you'll have to book ahead
Me Yes
Him: so when do you want?
Me: well as your busy how about you tell me when I can book for
Him: hummmm (and with a sharp intake of breath and a shake of the head) we can't fit you in til about 1.30
it was 1.10 at the time so I didn't see this as much of a problem. I thought he was going to say tuesday week!
later that day we went to the ticket redemption office My son had been collect tickets from the amusements all week and had LOTS. we exchanged to tickets and he excitedly went to the counter, there was no one there. The girl that was mean to be there was standing talking to the girl running the bowling desk. My son went to get her attention she stomped over (I'm not exaggerating, I have a teenage daughter and am very familier with attitude) 'what you wanna do this now?' was her question. No I thought we'd make you get all the stuff that he wants down from the shelf then change our minds and take the tickets home. they'd make a lovely boreder around the top of his bedroom. (that bit only happened in my head by the way)
and lastly. After the second go on the wave rider my son wanted to have a go at the water walkers, now I know that standing and watching some clumsy kid in a large inflatable ball is not most peoples idea of fun (I was a little bored myself) plus my son couldn't even stand up, but it is the job of these instructers to run these activities, so they could do it with good grace and not as if they are doing you a favour. All Jobs have there down sides and if your job is to surf or climb walls all day, then you need to do your share of ball watching without the can't be bothered attitude!!

For all of that we have booked to go back again in october this year and april next year. We always have a lovely time. the problems are only minor ones and are for the most part atleast a little amusing. so golden coast we'll see you in october you know if we can be bovvered and that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am extremely disappointed to read your comments regarding certain members of staff, and I have reiterated the importance of customer service to all our team members. Outstanding customer service is usually so important to our team here, and all should be willing to “go the extra mile” for our much valued guests, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

It’s great to read that our Duty Manager was able to reallocate your accommodation after finding this was not suitable for you, and I am very pleased that you found him to be helpful. It’s wonderful to read that you and your family fully utilised the many facilities we offer at Golden Coast, and particularly enjoyed the Woolacombe Wave. We look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great park for families. Facilities were amazing, didn't need to leave the park if you didn't want to. Accommodation was a good standard, and it's a great location for exploring north devon. It has a good range of accommodation, so you can take your pick on price range. We loved it and will be returning.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. It’s great that you found your accommodation to be of a good standard. We have a wide variety of grades and styles of accommodation, and hope that this diverse range ensures there is “something for everyone”. I am pleased that you enjoyed the many facilities we offer on Park, and explored our beautiful surrounding area. We can’t wait for you to return to Golden Coast. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Golden coast is in a good location , the caravan we booked was a Beach retreat and was ok but bedrooms were very tight on space with very poor mattress.
All other amnesties provided were adequate with continuous hot water and very efficient fridge.
We chose not to pay for a pass to the onsite club so can't comment.
Loads to do for children on site , including Pitch & Putt /Tennis/ in & out door swimming .
Good onsite Convenience store along with the Old Mill pub doing traditional pub food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your recent holiday. I am pleased that you found Golden Coast to be in a good location, and I hope despite finding the bedrooms small, that you enjoyed your caravan accommodation. It’s great to read you enjoyed your meals at the Old Mill Pub on site, with traditional pub food and specials. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolacombe
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort
Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
Sandaway Beach Holiday Park
#6 of 7 in Combe Martin

Been to Golden Coast Holiday Village? Share your experiences!