“Weekend break at golden coast holiday park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woolacombe
Golden Coast Holiday Village
Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
“Weekend break at golden coast holiday park”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked a newspaper holiday and could only upgrade to silver caravan as all they had left caravan was very small stains on seat cushions something had leaked throughto bed which was not very comfortable to sleep on my husband said wot did upgrade from a box . Last year we had a silver lodge which was lovely .entertainment was rubbish .

Room Tip: Go for lodge or large caravan
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
I am sorry to read that the Entertainment this year was not to your individual taste. We do our utmost to provide a wide variety of Entertainment, including comedians, illusionists and vocalists to try and ensure “something for everyone”, however I am sorry we did not succeed in this instance. I am also disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your accommodation and your comments have been noted. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Woolacombe is a beautiful place. Beach is brill with many adventures in the rock pools. The golden coast holiday village was overall brill, few things let it down. The lodges have seen better days and needed a little maintenance, bathroom & hob needed fixing. But this didn't hinder our enjoyment. Beds were clean and comfy. Plenty of room too. The entertainers were lovely, but low budget in comparison to other well known holiday parks. Kids loved it though. adult entertainment could have been better, all 3 nights we only stayed for a short while as it just wasn't good enough to warrant a late night. The outdoor pool is it's best feature (my kids are too young for the 34extreme sports and if I'm honest I doubt I would pay those prices even if older)
Food on the park was limited so drive to the beachfront and enjoy a family meal at the Redbarn pub it's lovely in there.
Lovely holiday.

• Stayed July 2014
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your holiday on the whole, especially our outdoor Flumes park. I apologise if the Entertainment was not to your personal preference, and we do hope to welcome you back in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I went here in july 2014 on arrival staff were lovely n helpful. The park was really nice an well looked after the evening entertainment was great something for everyone.the nearby beach isn't to far an is lovely...
Now for the negative when I entered caravan I thought great untill it came to unpacking the was crisp packets, brown sauce sachets an false nails in one of the bedrooms in another was a box of matches not great when u have kids then wen it came to getting the sofa bed out there were coco pops all in but this is clearly down to the cleaning staff.
But that apart I gotta say this is one of the best parks I have stayed at an would definitely go back again my 5children all loved it an said they would like to return

• Stayed July 2014
I am so pleased that you found Golden Coast to be one of the best parks you have holidayed at. Our Entertainers work very hard to ensure that your family holiday is a special one, and I am so pleased that your family enjoyed it. I am very sorry for the Housekeeping issues you experienced, it would never be our intention for this to occur, and I have ensured your comments have been passed on. We cannot wait to welcome you back to Golden Coast.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We arrived on Friday 18th I'd previously called to say could we book for extra few days and was told would need to speak to reception when we arrived. I did this and before I'd even finished my sentence I was told no availability unless I wanted to book for a week and do I want the prices? Needless to say after that I didn't want to continue the discussion.
I have 1 children aged 14&15 so our weekend is about sis ding time with them but also them going off & doing their own thing, on the Friday they went and got tokens for the swimming pool(yes you need tokens to get in the security gates at each pool - which is a ridiculous system) they went swimming and then came back to the lodge, the next morning they went to get tokens to be told they couldn't have them or go in the swimming pool on their own unless they were 18???? This is ridiculous they have been swimmers for 10 years, they can leave home at 16, learn to drive at 17 but can't go in a small swimming pool until 18??? I've been to lots of campsites and never came across this rule. When we were all at the pool together if they went to get a drink or ice cream they needed tokens to get back in so me or my husband had to go back out and walk to reception to get them. Such a annoying system lots of oeople were moaning about this.
It's totally put me off and I won't be going back.
Entertainment team were very good though.

• Stayed July 2014
I am sorry to read that our token system over-shadowed your stay. We have this token system in place for our swimming pools for various reasons, including preventing children wandering onto poolside and encountering problems, and also to prevent those who haven’t paid to use the facilities from using them and filling the swimming pools to their maximum capacity, thus meaning our own guests would not be able to gain entry.

Extra nights are an additional extra that we can add on subject to availability, and our Reception team can only do this in accordance with our Sales Centre. As an extra night can take a unit offline for a whole break, we can only do this when we have sufficient availability.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Worst holiday park I have ever been to.
Expected kids (5 and 2) to sleep on an old sofa bed together in the front room, which meant if they were asleep we couldn't watch TV or relax or put them in the double bed and we get the sofa bed.
Pillows and duvets not made up but if your going to have old stained pillows etc you should at least cover them after seeing them there was no way I was sleeping on them.
Up graded to the only available silver chalet, had to pay for 3 bed even though we only needed 2.
Dirty floors, bin no emptied, food and wrappers found in the drawers in the bedroom, sand in cutlery drawer, plates and bowls still dirty and the oldest shower you have ever seen, no door shelf for your milk so had to lay it down and yes you've guessed milk kept leaking out, no baking trays to cook on, 1teaspoon and no sharp knife, was a struggle to cook let alone chop up anything , no remote control for TV so had to snugly push the button on the side all the time, I'm not lazy but just trying to see what's on was a pain having to push the buttons rather than using the menu. Sofa in front room sit on it and you fell into it.
Soft play closed for gleaning early one of the night, no notice or prior warning even though it didn't open till 10 and could of been cleaned when closed and not disappointed the kids.
Couldn't use outdoor swimming pool as it was full!!? Needed tokens to get in, wasn't full people were getting tokens in the morning so they could use them later. Poor system. Had to use another outdoor pool a walk away was told this was only really for gold chalets but could still use, but no toilets or anywhere to get drinks from anywhere near by, so two kids needing toilet or drinks had to walk back to our chalet ( 8 mins ) or to beach bar (10 mins) was ridiculous. Wasn't high season either so god know what it's like when the kids break up from school.
Weeds all around the pool as well not well kept.
Toaster kept tripping electric, new one brought over the other one just left on the table.
Bin was full put outside was not emptied on our whole stay, probably still there!
Entertainment by the park stars was old and tired and a bit un suitable for a family camp.... Not musical chairs man chairs !! Really!
Bearing in mind you drive to these places no parking near your chalet all taken up.
Go karts never open as far as we saw
Drinks over priced
Reception staff on checking in were rude and patronising but after I had stood in the queue behind 4 other families all complaining about the same things they had probably had enough.
Very dark on walk home not safe.
Parks were really for older children as mine were too small to use them and the old elephant swing and slide is old and has sharp bits on it.. Be careful on it.
Good things..
The bus to the other parks and the beach
The beach was fantastic
Food on site was good
Excellent elvis entertainer in the last night but let down by an old PA system and mikes that didn't work.
When we did get to the pool it was lovely
Will never return here, thank god for the beach and the bus service or it would of really ruined our holiday.
And I'm not usually one to complain, we go to haven and park camps and love it, this one looked good on paper but not in real life was a big disappointment.

Room Tip: You have to pay to upgrade and my advise upgrade early and pay for the most expensive you can afford...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsDisapointed
I am sorry to read of your disappointment with regard to your stay at Golden Coast. Due to the anonymous nature of TripAdvisor, I am unable to comment on the particulars of your accommodation, however our Accommodation Manager has been made aware of your comments. The promotional bookings are based on the allocation of a budget unit to accommodate the number of people in your party, and then we have a structured upgrade process in which our Reception team need to adhere. The option of upgrading is subject to availability, and we can only offer the units that we have available to upgrade into. Many customers choose to upgrade their accommodation when they receive their holiday confirmation, so the choice of upgrades on arrival is always limited.

I apologise for the early closure of the soft play area. Unfortunately, incidents can happen during opening hours that compromise the cleanliness, and our team will therefore need to ensure the area is fully clean for children to play in. I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused. Our go karts are open every day from 9am until around 9pm at night. They are an unmanned activity and you just insert a pound when you wish to go.

Our swimming pools work on a token basis for many Health and Safety reasons. Each swimming pool by law has a maximum capacity that the providers have to abide by. In this instance, we prevent people from gaining access to the swimming pools to maintain numbers. We do give our guests the option of 4 other swimming pools on Golden Coast, and also you can use the swimming pools at our sister Parks, including Twitchen House’s splash pad.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful local area and our Woolacombe bus, and we hope you have enjoyable family holidays in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed July 14, family 2 boys 10 & 8.
Stayed in Silver Lodge, Spacious and comfortable but starting to look a little tired.
Site has a great range of facilities, with recently added Surf trainer & beach club.
Tennis courts starting to look a little tired.
Old Mill Inn onsite food, great food, kids polished off every bit.
Overall would return again and recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very pleased that you found your accommodation to be spacious and comfortable. We have an ongoing refurbishment program and are identifying areas which we can develop for our future guests. It’s fantastic to read that you enjoyed our Surf Simulator and your meal at The Old Mill pub. Our website has some excellent offers so keep checking for great returning offers. Aidan Glover - General Manager
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We tried to upgrade from a bronze apartment as we were a family of 4 and the apartment only had 1 bedroom . We were given a silver caravan !!!! this was not clean and im sure the mattresses had not been changed for years you could feel every spring and in some case the lack of them . I was told that I couldn't upgrade to gold as there were non available but if I went online I could book them with no problem ? We picked the holiday village for the kids entertainment that was good we had to complain a couple of times about the go karts but it was sorted promptly. Overall it was okay and we did it for the kids !!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to read you did not find your silver caravan to be up to our usual standard. I do hope you reported this at the time so we had the opportunity to rectify this for you. Golden Coast does not have any Gold caravans on site, only Woolacombe Bay and Twitchen House do, although I am sorry if there was any confusion here. I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday on the whole. Aidan Glover - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolacombe
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel
The Fortescue Arms
The Fortescue Arms
#3 of 4 in Woolacombe
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort

Been to Golden Coast Holiday Village? Share your experiences!