Golden Coast Holiday Village
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Woolacombe
See available hotels
The Darnley Hotel(Ilfracombe)
Westaway(Ilfracombe)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,374 results
All reviewsold millgolden coastexclusive lodgeon sitesilver apartmentsurf simulatorwasher dryerhigh ropeswave machinebowling alleyall agesoutdoor poolclimbing wallnext yearevening entertainmentwater walkerssoft play
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lodge was roomy enough but was very dated, cleanliness was terrible stains on walls and bed sheets shower was boiling hot and kitchen surfaces and dining room table were all sticky. Facilities for kids wasn't to bad and pools were clean. Area was great but would not stay in this park again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank tammymarshall41177
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I am sorry to read you were not happy with your accommodation. Due to the anonymous nature of Tripadvisor, I cannot investigate your comments, but I do hope you raised your issues with a member of our team whilst you were here. I am pleased that you enjoyed our wonderful local area, and found our facilities to be enjoyable for your children. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Just had two weeks at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Park Golden Coast. This was our 13th booking on site and again not let down at all. All of the staff were happy to go above and beyond at all times. The park stars are fantastic Elle Sam Tom and not forgetting Ben they could not have done any more to entertain us. Katie on reception with the other girls were happy to help at all times. The bar staff and staff serving food were all great. No matter what we did or wanted all were happy to help. We have booked again for this year and next can't wait to go back best time ever and also made lots of new friends.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Woolacombe_Bay, Director of Sales at Golden Coast Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Rob B,

It is always an absolute pleasure to welcome you back to stay year after year. I am so pleased that, after 13 stays with us, you still enjoy every second of your holiday. Our team will be so pleased to read your kind words, you have always gone the extra mile to befriend and assist all of us throughout the years, and we all really enjoy having you and your wonderful family here. We really look forward to welcoming you back.

Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We booked this holiday as part of the sun holidays. My husband and I decided to upgrade our accommodation upon trying to do this we were only offered a silver chalet which was all they apparently had available.
Check in was easy and uncomplicated but took us 20 mins to find our chalet and then couldnt park anywhere near due to lack of parking!!!
The chalet was absolutely disgusting. It was dirty, unkempt and falling to pieces. I spent 2 hours cleaning to make it habital for us and our children. I found food and dirty tissues in the middle of the floors and disgusting amounts of dirt behind beds and under the sofa!!! The pots and cutlery all needed washing. Our one and only sofa (bed) was broken and therefore unusable so we spent the majority of our time in the chalet laying on our beds!!! The bathroom was dirty and smelt of urine.
Our friends who were also there complained about their accommodation and were upgraded to Gold (thought there werent any available!) which they paid £15 to do....I spent £70 odd pounds to upgrade to silver!
The only bonus of this park were the outdoor facilities. They were brill! The evening entertainment was reasonable but needed acts that tailored to the age of the average audience. Elvis was not for us!
The old mill pub was absolutely stunning for a hearty homemade meal. Beautiful to sit in the beer garden that has an amazing park for the kids.
It was such a shame that the dire accommodation lets this park down. A lick of paint, new bathrooms, kitchens and carpets would do it the world of good and investing in some more cleaners to get the job done would make the park somewhere special!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Louise H

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Due to the anonymous nature of TripAdvisor, it is impossible for me to ascertain the details of your bookings and investigate your claims. I am extremely sorry for any disappointment experienced during your stay, and I hope you raised this with our Duty Manager upon discovery. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the outdoor facilities we offer on site, and also thoroughly enjoyed your time at The Old Mill pub. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a lovely weekend at this holiday park. The staff were extremely helpful. we arrived after midnight and the night manager drove to our caravan with us following, rather than having us fumble around for ages in the dark. The caravan was clean and well - appointed ( bronze rating) so no complaints there. Plenty of activities to do which were rather pricey, but our 10 yr old really enjoyed the high ropes. THe guys running it were great. Due to the marvellous weather, we spent the rest of the time at the beach, so I can't comment on other facilities.
The best bit of customer service - I left my ipad behind on the bedroom floor when we left. I got a call the following day to say they'd found it and they helped arrange a courier service to return it to me a few days later - marvellous!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. Customer service is extremely important to our team and I am very pleased that you appreciated this from the start of your holiday until after departure. It’s also great that your accommodation met your requirements and you found it to be clean on arrival. We are lucky enough to be situated next to one of the most beautiful beaches in the UK, and it’s fantastic that you took advantage of the beautiful weather have been having and headed to the beach. We do hope to see you again in the future. Aidan Glover - General Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am so glad I did not read some of the negative reviews before I booked, not to take anything away from them but our experience was very different. Our accommodation was immaculate we stayed in an Exclusive Lodge, the pools etc were lovely and clean and well managed. Loved the bus to and fro beach but get there early in busy times although to be fair they put two buses on per trip at busy times. If you don't want the full on entertainment then Harry's Bar is nice as is the Old Mill. Staff all helpful. Supermarket bigger than most parks and competitively priced. North Devon is beautiful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am very happy to read that your accommodation was immaculate on arrival, and you found our public areas to be maintained to a high standard. It’s great that you enjoyed our additional bus facility; we have had 3 buses running as of late due to their popularity and the glorious weather. We have several eateries on site, and I am pleased that you enjoyed these. Keep checking the internet for fantastic returning offers. Aidan Glover - General Manager