Review Highlights
Great day out

My wife bought this as a birthday pressie...and I absolutely loved every second. From the first... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2018
MudefordLockers01
Mudeford
via mobile
A day to remember forever

We arrived on a beautiful sunny day to be met by Chris who took us on a lovely walk through the... read more

Reviewed 9 August 2018
Kay S
via mobile

All reviews pub lunch friendly donkeys his knowledge chip butties finn hector field paddy company leominster animals dorset
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Our 9 year old son says this was the best day of his holiday in Dorset and he is quite right - we had the most wonderful walk with Chris and his donkeys Hector and Paris. Chris is the kindest, loveliest man and showed us parts of the countryside that we would otherwise never have seen. Cannot recommend this highly enough as a fantastic day out with kids and our dog was welcome too!

1  Thank njae2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Great fun in the beautiful Dorset countryside. Chris is very welcoming and ensures you have a good day.

1  Thank lindabridle57
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My wife organised this for me as I am a sucker for animals. It did not disappoint in any way. We met Chris first. He was a very nice, easy-going bloke. During the day he made sure that he interacted with everyone on the walk.

He took us up to meet the donkeys (and also the lovely Reg, his dog) and got us to rub them down with brushes before we set off for a good walk to Beaminster town centre. The walk was mostly through beautiful countryside with fantastic views. The donkeys were surprisingly well-behaved. I expected them to be a bit more stubborn but they were very easy to keep going (except maybe when they see a holly bush!). They did not mind being cuddled whenever they stopped for a chew on something, either.

We stopped for lunch in Beaminster before heading back. The donkeys brought smiles to the faces of most passers-by. It was really lovely to have people come up and say hello to them.

If you want a very relaxed experience with these beautiful animals, you would be hard-pushed to do better than this. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I took my daughter and friend on a donkey walking adventure with Chris from Stokewater Meadow, Beaminster this week. It was a birthday present to me from my husband. What a lovely day we had! Chris met us, took us to meet his 4 donkeys and we got to know them by grooming them and we were given some basic advice and instructions as to how to handle them. Then we set off rambling through the local fields and by-ways, leading (or being led by) the donkeys. We fetched up in Beaminster, where we parked our four-footed friends in the village square, collected our yummy lunch, which Chris had ordered from the cafe there, and sat eating while passers -by stopped to admire the donkeys. We then ambled back to the donkeys' home, had a sit down and said goodbye. It was a delightfully relaxing day, as we took everything at the donkeys' pace - the perfect antidote to stress. The donkeys have gentle, amusing and individual personalities and they were incredibly tolerant of us novices. We all left with a smile on our faces, tired but very happy. Thank you, Chris, for your excellent guiding, commentary and local knowledge.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Even as an animal liker you ask yourself 'why would I want to spend a day to walk a Donkey?'. Well, firstly it is great fun, they are very entertaining animals - no kicking biting or bad habits. Secondly, this is a very pretty part of the UK and a good walk out with a purpose is a nice thing to do. What makes this special is Chris, there is no stress, no pressure, a day arranged around you (or your small party/family). Chris is a very knowledgable chap who accommodates everyones preferences and really makes the day special. He offers far more than just the walks, with camping, shepherds hut (in build) and local knowledge. Give him a call and see what he can arrange for you.