All reviews new owners mackerel bridge house hotel eton mess coach house new venture sunday lunch fantastic food secret escapes on arrival baked camembert few drinks friendly efficient staff booked this hotel good luck out of this world small plates
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I had eaten here a few years ago and was curious to experience the restaurant in its new form. My expectations were certainly surpassed by the exceptionally high standards of decor and service. We stopped for lunch and settled on a small plate of Middle Eastern spiced lamb which was excellent, very filling and very reasonably priced at £12. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2018

My partner and I had our first Sunday lunch at this historic inn since it was taken over by new management. What can I say??!!! We both agreed we've not had such an innovative, delicious gastronomic experience in many years. Such an exciting, inventive menu and everything cooked to perfection by a culinary artist. Lovely, friendly staff and ambiance too. Highly recommend. Please book, you won't regret it.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Wow...What an amazing menu...we called in here with our two dogs after a walk around the hills of the beautiful village of Beaminster....we only had from the small menu but the choice of food is amazing....I can highly recommend the mackerel in satay sauce...the Tarka lager is also delicious....lovely friendly efficient staff....next time I’m down in this stunning part of the country I’ll return here for the works....a la carte on an evening...would highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gmoklo
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We have eaten here multiple times since the new owners arrived and I can honestly say that every meal we have had has been exceptional. The decorative changes are beautiful and the overall vibe of the place has completed changed, which has had a really positive knock on effect with the team, new and old. It is now a welcoming, fun place to visit, whether for morning coffee, lunch, light snacks or evening meal. The reasonably priced small plates menu is divine and highly recommended. The evening menu is changed regularly and without fail never disappoints. May I add the chips are to die for! Thank you to The Ollerod team for delivering what Beaminster has been waiting for.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We had a wonderful stay here. The hotel is very characterful, with charmingly uneven floors testifying to the great history of the building, but it is smartly and tastefully decorated. Our rooms were very pleasant, with comfortable beds, clean spacious bathrooms and good provisions of tea and coffee (Nespresso machines included!). We would advise you watch out for the rather low door frames, which I fell foul of a couple of times. However, this is part and parcel of a hotel like this, and the whole experience would have been much worse had the rooms been plastered with bright yellow warnings about said door frames. The staff meanwhile were helpful and friendly, quickly bringing us a heater when we asked for one (our trip coincided with a biblical deluge that left us half-drowned by the time we got to the hotel). While we didn’t actually have dinner at the hotel, we did have breakfast, and we found that also very good, especially the little bottles of smoothie! For any visit to Lyme Regis or the surrounding area, we would highly recommend a stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family