“Great Stay!”
Review of The West Bay Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bridport
The West Bay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bridport
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great stay for one night at The West Bay Hotel. Two rooms at the back of the building, very quiet. Comfortable big beds and clean bathrooms. We ate in the restaurant downstairs in the evening and had a gorgeous breakfast before our departure the next morning. Staff are very pleasant and helpful. Really great atmoshphere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Noonameena

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I went to lunch with 2 friends this week, and it was outstanding. 2 of us had seafood stir fry. Normally you have a couple of prawns etc., but this was very generous, and the vegetables were delicious too. Really could not fault it. The staff were very friendly - all in all - an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: We did not stay there
Reviewed 17 June 2014

At first glance I was uncertain of my choice as the outside has a very "rustic" look. Don't be fooled - this is a listed building so permission for renovation to the exterior takes time, but inside is excellent.
Check in was at the bar, which is continuous with the dining area, and my room was upstairs. All of this gave me the feeling of an inn, as opposed to a traditional hotel with reception area etc.
The room was pleasant and the ensuite enormous. There was no bath, only a shower - not a concern to me but I know that may bother some. I only stayed the one night, but that was a very comfortable.
All the staff were extremely pleasant and polite, and did their best to help me with all my questions. Most of those questions were about the absolutely amazing dinner menu...
Warning! If you don't like seafood, or the smell of seafood, this is NOT the place for you! However, if you do like seafood - I had a fish dinner of supreme excellence. The worst part of dinner was choosing - the dishes all looked so good.
My night was undisturbed by any sounds from the restaurant/bar below; breakfast was served at a sociable time the next morning and was also excellent.
The hotel is unrated, and I felt my stay was worth every penny. I intend to book a longer stay for my summer holidays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Grumpy_DaveS
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Recently had an enjoyable 2 night break at The West Bay Hotel in a double ensuite room. Hotel was clean and staff accommodating and friendly . Breakfast and Dinner were excellent but would advise booking as Dinner gets very busy. Having stayed in West Bay previously this will be my preferred accommodation in future, excellent choice I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

3 day stay here was perfect in every way. Relatively new owners Sam and Tess went out of their way to ensure that everything was perfect. Our newly renovated room with ensuite was lovely, breakfasts were outstanding and we had 2 lunches and 2 fabulous fish dinners there.
Location was ideal and even the sun shone:) We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4 - no complaints and would request this room again.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed two nights in June 2014 in clean, comfortable twin room. Bathroom well appointed. Friendly people and great food in clean welcoming restaurant. Would definitely recommend.
convenient to shops, beach, harbour and transport. lots of parking available.

Jenny L.

Room Tip: we were shown a double room and asked for a twin - the room was changed with no fuss.
1  Thank Virginia L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I travel from Liverpool each year to visit family, and have eaten at The West Bay for the last 3 years and always found it to be excellent. On visiting this year in May, I found it had gone down hill. The Pub/.Restaurant wasn't as clean and inviting, the atmosphere wasn't as good, and the food certainly wasn't as good, in fact not much better than an over priced cafe,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank arnold s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridport
Haddon House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rousdon
Fernhill Hotel
Fernhill Hotel
#2 of 2 in Charmouth

Been to The West Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!