“Tasty!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar and rooms
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loads to choose from, more fish than anything that day it seemed, but I love fish so that's great. We all had lovely meals, not one complaint. the staff are all very friendly and helpful, will definitely be going back

1  Thank Lisa W

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Situated in a nice spot and food was really well cooked with lots of fresh local seafood on offer. Not the cheapest place to eat in West Bay but worth a visit.

1  Thank HuntersGosport
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went here whilst on holiday in West Bay for my dad's 60th birthday meal. I phoned in advance to book a table and also alert them for the reason for our visit, and to ask if they could store the cake for me. They were very friendly and helpful in accomodating my request, and gave us the nicest table available.

The food was lovely - the locally caught scallops were the best I have ever eaten. I had the pork belly for the main, and the portion size was huge!

Then the friendly waitress was kind enough to put the candles on the cake and bring it out after our meal.

Thanks to the staff here for helping make my dad's 60th a memorable one!

1  Thank SuperDhupar
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We went for lunch on a warm Saturday in June. The restaurant was quite quiet compared to when it was under previous management. We were shown to our table by a pleasant young lady and allowed to settle for a while until she took our orders. I had Whole tail scampi, Hand cut chips and salad. The rest of the party had Ploughmans, Moules Mariniere and a chicken burger. We didn't have to wait to long for our meals to arrive. My Scampi was very well presented on the plate, nice and hot, very nice chips and the salad was cold, with an excellent dressing. The Moules was well presented but there were too many in the bowl that had not opened. The burger, I was told was very tasty and the Ploughmans was over generous with the cheese to the point of taking some on with us wrapped in a napkin. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we considered it good value for money. The down side was that there was no atmosphere in the restaurant. Some of the staff seemed too wrapped up in their tasks and duties to appear to care whether the customers were enjoying there eating experience. It's fair to say that our Waitress was very attentive but she appeared to be the exception. If the New management could get their staff more enthused, then Good, would become Very Good. I wish them well and will return.

1  Thank TonyBunyan
Reviewed 7 June 2014

the hosts were friendly and helpful. It was in a good position to everything. The well appointed bathroom. Food was great and plenty of it, fresh fish. clean and full of character. Comfortable bed.