“Awesome”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bar and rooms
“Awesome”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Excellent restaurant, couldn't of been more accommodating. We were a little late for service but they let us order anyway and the food was outstanding so much so we returned the following day to see if it actually was as good as we thought. We all ordered completely different dishes from the eachother and from the night before. Each dish was excellent, well presented,cooked, seasoned and the combination of flavours on each dish was great. Both nights we had to compliment the chef, which is rare for us as we come from a family of chefs and are used to high quality food but I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

3 Thank Domando

Mackay, Australia
“Not to be missed when visiting West Bay”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

West Bay is quite amazing for the quality of the food in its pubs and restaurants, but without doubt, the West Bay Hotel is pushing hard to be the best. It has a solid main menu but really comes into its own with the seafood specials using local produce. We enjoyed seeing what was available on the blackboards and having so much choice. My wife and I both had scallop starters, three variations were available. I had one with black pudding but I think my wife chose best with one prepared with bacon, wine and onions. The scallops for both were well cooked. My wife had a fillet of bream off the specials board for her main which she declared a hit, I went for the surf and turf with a large half a local lobster. Initially the amount of garlic butter was insufficient but, when asked, with great speed a gravy boat of garlic butter arrived. My steak was very well cooked (rare), as was my lobster, but we were particularly impressed with the ability to cook a very thick piece of fillet consistently medium-well all the way through for our daughter. There is a good selection of wines alongside the local beers and ciders. We enjoyed a bottle of the Moko Black Sauv-Blanc. Service is friendly and attentive. This was not our first visit and whenever we are in West Bay or nearby, we'll be popping in again.

1 Thank DocBud
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best starter I've ever had”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've had a lot of good pate starters in my time but the one I had here last week was the best I've had so far, the freshness, the textures, the fruitiness of the salad dressing... my finished plate was sent back clean.
To follow I had Pork on a bed of black pudding - 2 very large pieces of succulent pork, crisp crackling with sauteed potatoes & vegetables served in a seperate dish cooked to perfection. I had to leave some of the potatoes as my stomach was well past the full mark.
The people who put this together really know what they're doing.
Good range of ales and lagers, good atmosphere, friendly staff, nothing too much trouble for them, extensive blackboard specials. Definitely going back.

Arlington, Texas
“Great Seafood Selection”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Dropped in for lunch. Seafood lover's menu with many options to choose from. Had the Harbourmaster's Ploughman's Lunch. Mussels were also excellent.

1 Thank bigal_ch148
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A good lunch ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here and though the place was busy, the good and service was good quality
Steak was very nice
Garden is dog friendly - didn't ask about going inside as it was such a nice day

1 Thank Paul R