“recommended - lovely little B&B”
Review of Fleet Cottage

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridport
Fleet Cottage
Ranked #54 of 59 Bridport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Fleet Cottage, Dorset - I stayed here for 2 nights April 2013. I was in a double en-suite....a very warm, clean, comfortable self-contained room at the back of the house. Very peaceful. Email contact prior to my stay was prompt and courteous. During my stay, Janice was out of sight, but available when I needed her - perfect!

There is a SPAR shop a short distance away, should you need supplies. West Bay is a 2 minute drive away. Bridport (busy town centre ) is 5-10 minutes away. Charmouth beach (fossils, Jurassic Coast ) is about 20 minutes drive away.

Breakfast was served around a large farmhouse table - cooked on the spot as you waited...it couldn't be fresher or hotter!! The chat was easy-going and friendly. Janice is a warm-hearted, affable lady.

At the same time ( referring to the other review where the guests had to leave due to illness ) this lady is running a BUSINESS ...and for them to leave a bad review simply because she took full payment for the room when they left earlier than planned was wrong in my opinion!! She welcomes people into her house with warmth and a smile.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, and I'll recommend to family and friends when they stay in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rachel w

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Sadly this B&b did not come up to the standard I would expect for £40 per night. The room was far from clean as was the kettle. The basin in the 'en suite' had not been cleaned recently. The landlady appeared to be more interested in watching television than ensuring her guests were catered for. I was most concerned that the 'plug-in' air fresheners could be most detrimental to anyone who had a breathing condition.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sarah c
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Fleet Cottage, West Bay, Bridport is lost in the 1950's. It is the very old-type B&B. Seems purely there to make money, no real care behind the service. A very unfortunate set of circumstances caused us to leave after one night, quite unavoidable owing to illness. The landlady frankly did not take this very graciously in spite of our paying in full. One of our rooms was not clean. I would never recommend this place. Strangely I notice a previous contributor referring to "gorgeous views". We saw no views - just the houses next door and a very noisy road. Beware the "fresh-air" plug ins - they are absolutely stifling.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed one night at this B&B, we booked a family room and a double room. The family room was very spacious with the most comfy queen sized bed and 2 single beds with an en suite. The double room had gorgeous views of the countryside with a shared bathroom and toilet. The rooms were very cosy with tea, coffee and kettles. We asked to borrow and iron which was no problem at all. The breakfast was delicious with a selection of cereals and a cooked breakfast of choice, tea, coffee and orange juice. The owners where very pleasent and helpful. This has been the best B&B my family and I have stayed at my children loved there stay here and have already asked to go back which we most certainly will.

The B&B is easy to find with off road parking. A short drive or walk away from west bay. If you drive to west bay you can park in the car park for only £1.70 for the day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family