“Very good meal”

Ranked #11 of 137 Restaurants in Bridport
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A 200 year old country pub in the heart of the Village. Opening times are 11.30 -2.30 & 6.30 to 11pm. We serve meals lunchtimes 12noon until 2pm. Evenings 6.30 to 9pm. Sundays is traditional Roasts served from 12 noon until 2.30pm. Mondays closed. We have 3 Curry Evenings a month from 6.30 to 9pm(& one in house friendly Darts night). Followed by Davids fun quiz. A warm welcome from Karin & David & their team
Fleet UK
“Very good meal”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stay in Uploders once or twice a year as my father lives in Bridport and so have eaten in the Crown a few times. This time there had been a 15 month break and it had changed hands. I was a little concerned by the reviews on here but they turned out to be unfounded, and I wonder if the people who ate there on 10 March suffered from Mother's Day syndrome, when it seems that many restaurants can't be bothered because they'll get the money anyway. Anyway, my husband, son and I ate at the Crown and had a very good meal. It was better than our previous visit under the previous owners and we were quite happy with what we got. We just had garlic bread as a starter and didn't bother with a pudding but we all liked our main courses. The service was good and I'd be happy to go back - decent food, not too expensive. I really can't understand where the "expensive transport cafe" comparison comes from - did you go to the same pub?

• Visited March 2013

Bridport, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My partner and I went for a sunday lunchtime drink as its a lovely walk through the fields from where we live. we knew the beer would be good and the log fire would be roaring.
We intended only to have a snack but had their sunday roast instead and were very pleasantly surprised. Lovely pink beef, crispy roasties and superb homemade yorkies. All in all a very good lunch.

• Visited December 2012
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Very small and cosy pub, friendly staff and excellent food. We were a party of 9 and none of us could fault anything, Reasonably priced, highly reccommend it.

• Visited November 2012
Bridport, United Kingdom
“We'll keep trying”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This is our 'local' and although we aren't regular pub drinkers used to make this a regular place to eat with friends as the food was so good. Not any more so we've avoided it but it is about to change hands and we'll be trying it again especially if there is a new chef.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Visited this pub a few times in the past & enjoyed good meals. The best I could say about the meal today, is that it was adequate. It has changed hands & I believe the chef is no longer there. The menu was fine , but my starter of prawns & crayfish tails would have been better with homemade sauce. My roast was edible, but the vegetables were sparse, a tiny bundle of carrots & maybe leeks, two rounds of stuffing(?), tiny roast potatoes & a slice of roast beef. I don't think we will be returning until they have found a new chef.

• Visited June 2012