“"Fabulous campsite"”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bingham Grange

Bingham Grange
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridport
Bingham Grange
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“"Fabulous campsite"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

It was our second visit to Bingham Grange and once again it did not disappoint! I've stayed on other 'Adult Only' sites and I can honestly say this is one of the best! The facilities are A*. The staff are so friendly and always had time for a chat in between maintaining the beautiful site.The toilets and showers are spotless and the two luxury wet rooms are superb. Neither my husband or myself encountered any queue for any of the facilities whatever time of day. We stayed on a very spacious electric tent pitch with hedging making it very private. We enjoyed not having anyone pitched next to us because the pitch was resting between bookings. I have stayed on some campsites where one tent comes off and the next pitches straight back on, sometimes on a mud bath! This does not happen at Bingham Grange. The grass is allowed to grow. For the facilities and location the £26 a night is very reasonable.There are numerous beautiful walks from the campsite and perfect if you have a dog. We ate at the Buzzards restaurant where the staff were attentive and the food was wonderful. Certainly NOT out of the freezer as one reviewer suggested. Bingham Grange is situated close to the stunning coastline at West Bay and lots of other lovely places are a short drive away.We did have a wonderful time and it was over too soon. We will definitely be booking again for next year.

Room Tip: You can camp on the terrace at the top or there are even more secluded pitches down at the bottom of...
1 Thank Joy F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just returned from 3 nights here & it was amazing . We were camping & had an amazing pitch , very roomy , private with parking space . I was a little disappointed that when I booked I was told there were no pitches with electric hook- up available , but there were 2 pitches near us that were vacant the whole time of our stay !!! Food in Buzzards Restaurant was amazing & excellent value for money . Plenty of choice on main menu + amazing " Specials " . The desserts looked amazing , but unfortunately we had no room for them due to massive portion of Starter & Main .
My only crisism is the distance of the lower camping pitches from the facilities. I would have given this site 5 stars had it not been having to hike to the toilet in the middle of the night . Would definitely benefit from a toilet block even if it was only a Porta Loo in this area. Yes the toilet block is lovely & spotless & deserves its Loo of the year awards however as it is likely to be campers who do not have their own facilities this needs to be addressed.

Quiet camp being adults only , however was kept awake by barking dogs , maybe just unlucky ??

Not sure I would return , but enjoyed my stay despite having to hike in the dark with my legs crossed !

1 Thank KKaydee
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am a bit flabbergasted that the previous reviewer gave 4 stars and then so many negative comments. So much so that I feel I need to respond.
I have just returned from a weeks camping at Bingham Grange and my only criticism is that I stayed for one week instead of two! The facilities were amazing. I don't think Bingham Grange won "Loo of the Year" due to "the stone cladding in the toilets" but because it didn't matter what time you visited the toilets they were always spotless. I loved the deluxe shower rooms and chose to wait to use them once or twice (there were other showers available but it was worth the wait because they were so spacious.
I DID try the restaurant and can assure you that nothing on the menu was "frozen". All the food was fresh and delicious. They had a specials board everyday with lots of local fish and meat dishes I was not expecting such high quality food on a campsite and would revisit regularly if it was a local restaurant!
The campsite was pretty and peaceful. The staff were friendly and helpful.The pitches were spacious and private with hedging around each pitch for privacy. West Bay (a 10 min drive away) was beautiful. Can see why they filmed Broadchurch there! £26 a night for an electric hook up in peak season - very good value as far as I'm concerned. The reason for empty pitches is because they rest the pitches between bookings to ensure you get the best quality. Thank you Bingham Grange staff for a lovely week and we will see you next year.

2 Thank Colette W
Gateshead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Overall, this is a good site in a pleasant rural location with walks "from the door". The tent pitches were large and well separated via shrubs/hedges, although the caravan / motor home ones didn't look quite so spacious. It's very well maintained, and the facilities are very clean. In addition to the usual Men's/Women's toilet/shower/basin rooms and (I think) 4 individual rooms with toilet, shower and washbasin they have 2 'super loos' which boast the latter but have nice stone cladding on the walls. OK, this may have won them West Dorset Toilet of the Year or whatever, but I'm not sure it's a very sensible use of the available space (after all, you can only use the toilet, basin and shower simultaneously if you're very athletic). These de luxe loos were almost always occupied (even at 7.00 a.m.), so they can be rather irrelevant to the unlucky masses.
Tent pitches are a fair distance from the facilities (which are at the top of the site), and it would help to have rubbish bins down there too. Didn't try the restaurant, partly because the menu looked very unadventurous and possibly out of the freezer (lasagne and all the usual suspects).
There were a surprising number of vacant pitches (mainly tent ones) considering it was August and high season. I think the main reason must be the price - £26 a night for a pitch with electricity is pretty steep.

1 Thank InspectorBear
Bordon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I have just spent a week at Binghams Farm. This is a fantastic adults only site. From the moment we arrived nothing was any bother to the staff, all very helpful. The site itself is well kept and so peaceful. All you hear is the birds. The facilities are spot on. The Buzzards restaurant is lovely. The food is brilliant and a fair price. The chef works hard behind the scenes, but does not show his face. The serving staff work very hard, especially the lovely lady who serves the food at your table. They do a take away service which is a brilliant idea. On the site there are ducks and chickens and you can buy their eggs from the reception, which we did, lovely.
This is a very comfortable site. We will return next year. We had our caravan and had the full service pitch which was fantastic. There is a massive area for tents as well. We thoroughly recommend this site if you are after peace and quiet. They even let you know when they will mow the grass !!!!

Room Tip: I have put rooms, but I really mean pitches. They are hard standing.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeacsHampshire
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

just returned from two fantastic days camping at Bingham Farm - facilities are excellent and the toilet block was always immaculately clean and never busy. A lovely quiet place to relax and so close to Bridport and West Bay. If stayed longer would probably have sampled the Restaurant as that has had such good reviews. Look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Just got back from Binghams, lovely site, very clean with excellent facilities. Showers and loos were sparkling. Was shown to pitch by a friendly member of staff who was very helpful. Went to restaurant once and had a delicious meal. Dogs had a great time and visited West Bay and Lyme Regis, both worth a visit. Only one gripe, lady on reception was a bit frosty, didn't even wish us well as we left or enquired if our stay was okay which would have been nice, but apart from that would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridport
#8 of 10 in Bridport
Highlands End Holiday Park
Higher Moor Farm
Higher Moor Farm
#1 of 22 in Weymouth

Been to Bingham Grange? Share your experiences!