We have a caravan onsite and so the accommodation is always the highest quality.
This holiday park has room for camping tents, with and without electricity - and touring caravans.
There are 'glamping pods', static caravans and wooden lodges for hire.
Indoor pool - warm and clean. Timing your visit is key to ensure you have a relaxing swim. Remember this is a campsite aimed at families and so the pool is always full of children. There is a jacuzzi inside as well.
Outdoor pool - swimming pool with seating around the outside for about 20 adults. There is a short slide in to the pool. On a sunny day, there is no place better to be. Although heated, the temperature of the pool can only be described as 'cold'.
Chip Shop - average food, slow service and not cheap.
Bar - food is available in the bar. The quality is very good. The value of the food depends on the dish you choose. Most dishes are about £11 and although very good, would taste a lot better if they were (pub prices) of £8. There are some dishes in that price range (lasagne). There is also a 'specials board' that offers great value.
I have had one of the best steaks ever in the 'club house'.
Entertainment - if you have children the children's disco (with Damian) is not to be missed. How he keeps all the children entertained between 7pm and 9pm has to be seen to be believed. During the school holidays 'Dino Dan' will make an appearance and this is loved by the children.
Shop - the shop onsite is a rarity amongst campsite shops. Well stocked with everything you could need, at reasonable prices. Fresh croissants and pan au chocolate baked to order every morning.
Location: 5 minute walk to the 'high street' in Charmouth and 10 minutes to the beach (famous for its Jurassic coast and fossil hunting)
In summary - fun family entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newlands is a family run park located in the picturesque World Heritage village of Charmouth, just a stones throw from the fossil rich Jurassic Coast near the Dorset/Devon border. Set in 23 acres of landscaped grounds, the park offers a range of luxury accommodation and modern facilities for tents and tourers. With a host of local attractions for families and couples, you'll find our five star holiday park the perfect place to spend some quality time whatever the season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Newlands Holidays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newlands Holiday Park Hotel Charmouth
- Newlands Holidays Charmouth, Dorset