We camped in our own tent with electric hook up. The site has a very steep hill we where located directly 1 row in front of shower block & toilets & washing up station. First impressions site is well run, and staff friendly & helpful. We were shown too our pitch and given a brief run down on where to find things on the site. The pitch was ample size for our 6 man tent and too park 1 car you are not all cramed in there is good space.
Toilets & Showers
Ample cubicles & wash basins & shower cubicles
Only negative about these facilities is that we only saw them being cleaned every morning so come that evening they where quite dirty with unflushed loos & grass & dirt on floors. Personally I would like them too be cleaned or at least checked on more.
The washing up area had approx 5 butler sinks to do dishes but sinks in quite bad condition and didnt use without my own basin
There is also washing machines & tumble driers, I couldnt see any instructions on cost for these
There is also chemical toilet disposal there for caravanners I guess.
The site bins are kept very well and theres plenty dotted around to use
The swimming pools are in ok condition I was put off by the walk ways around edge of pools was quite dirty with grass & general shoe/flipflop dirt. There is no changing facilities for outside pool so u have too change before or use indoor facilities but you then have to walk by the indoor pool edge out through the bar area, outside and down steps to access outdoor pool, not something I felt comfortable doing in swimwear plus when u leave outdoor area u either walk around back to indoor facilities or walk back to accommodation wet & cold. The indoor pool has 2 very compact male/female changing areas with a toilet & a shower then a benched area to freely change what is not great is that its not private and the door just swings open when someone comes in and potentially leaves you in full view!! Again floors dirty and general shoe grime. It would be better as well if these areas cleaned more and brightned up tiles/shower re grouted first impressions id give the swimming/pool area 4 out of 10. Also we where told to use indoor pool we had to buy access which we did at booking we paid £10 for 10 visits (1per person) not once was it ever requested for by staff.
The additional areas are of good standard there is a soft playarea and snooker& badminton tables plus a bar where u can get food, take part in entertainment and there a small area with slot machines and stuff for kids to spend your money on!!
We only ever bought 1 round of drinks (1pint lager, 1 large rose wine & 2 cups of tap water & cordial) at £10.56 personally we couldn't afford it, the meals where expensive also in my opinion not an adult main meal for less than £9.95 & kids meals where approx £6 each.
The on site shop was useable and priced pretty much what id expect, fresh bread is available each morning if ordered evening before.
The onsite takeaway (chippy) was open from 5.30pm priced ok think a fish & chip's
Was around the £6.50-7.00 region. We never ate from there so can't comment on its food.
Free wifi was available in the bar area but no where else unless you bought it.
Overall id rate this site 7 out of 10, there are just elements they fall on for me its the toilets & swimming areas. We would go back and its located in a beautiful spot with Lyme Regis & Charmouth beaches near by, Lyme Regis is a sandy beach. The site should consider extending wifi range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newlands is a family run park located in the picturesque World Heritage village of Charmouth just a stones throw from the fossil rich Jurassic Coast near the Dorset/Devon border. Set in 23 acres of landscaped grounds, the park offers a range of luxury accommodation and modern facilities for tents and tourers. With a host of local attractions for families and couples, you'll find our five star holiday park the perfect place to spend some quality time whatever the season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Newlands Holidays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newlands Holiday Park Hotel Charmouth
- Newlands Holidays Charmouth, Dorset