We actually booked this very last minute, so felt lucky to get a tent pitch with electric. The pitch itself was big enough, but could do with some form of fence along the bottom edge to stop kids taking the shortest route to the toilet block through the middle of your alfresco kitchen whilst your cooking. The toilet and shower block was clean with hot well pressured showers.
Ate from the takeaway and in the Bar/Clubhouse, and both were edible and reasonable value.
Kids play area was ok, as was indoor pool. Didn't use outdoor pool.
Shop was well stocked at reasonable prices. Reception useful amounts of local info.
Evening entertainment was fun, for our kids especially.
Biggest thing for me is people, all staff were smiling, friendly and welcoming.
I considered my stay as good to exceptional value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newlands is a family run park located in the picturesque World Heritage village of Charmouth just a stones throw from the fossil rich Jurassic Coast near the Dorset/Devon border. Set in 23 acres of landscaped grounds, the park offers a range of luxury accommodation and modern facilities for tents and tourers. With a host of local attractions for families and couples, you'll find our five star holiday park the perfect place to spend some quality time whatever the season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and PitchUp so you can book your Newlands Holidays reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newlands Holiday Park Hotel Charmouth
- Newlands Holidays Charmouth, Dorset