All reviews indoor pool soft play sun holiday on site lyme regis holiday park kids club evening entertainment the pearl tow bar west bay yellow field restaurant bar charmouth beach excellent holiday nice site family holiday
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My partner, 1 year old infant and I stayed at this holiday as part of a newspaper promotional holiday. We stayed Monday to Friday.

The park was very clean, well maintained, extremely friendly & helpful staff. Very busy with other holiday makers. We used the very modern indoor swimming pool. Plus, our child enjoyed the indoor soft play. There was a quiz and bingo advertised for 8:30pm. However, due to our child's bedtime, we were unable to make use of the evening 'entertainment'. The only 1 negative opinion that i have is that the outdoor play equipment could do with a couple of swings. However, this did not affect our stay.

The caravan was lovely and clean. Basic, but, it was a good base.

I would definitely stay again and i would recommend this park to other holiday makers.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Newlands H, Guest Relations Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you Lucy for the lovely review, We have entertainment during the school holidays for children that starts at 7.30p, hopefully if you stay again you can come and enjoy an evening in the bar.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards
Clare

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Newlands for a camping weekend and had a great time. The grounds were very well kept, the bar, restaurant, showers etc were all very clean and tidy. The staff were all very friendly. Beautiful surroundings. Would love to come back!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Tara for the great review. Its always lovely to hear when guests have enjoyed their stay.
Hope to see again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Horrible experience! Room dirty and full of spiderwebs at every corner, bedsheet full of hair..Just disgusting!!

85 pounds foto what??
No shower gel,no shampoo,no even anche hairdryer!!
Fortunately a lovely lady at the reception helped me with hers.. otherwise,the park manager would just left me with wet hair at 9.30pm. How ridicoulus is that??
How can they give an apartment without hairdryer??
How can exists an holiday park without even one hairdryer available????

Moreover,the manager delegated all the responsability to the people at the reception and told me to speak to them in the morning.
Clearly,the lady at the desk just apologized and told me she would pass the message to the manager (?!???!).

Also,I told the manager I wanted to make a formal complain and he answered "well, that lady went to look an hairdryer for you. If you make the complain then you won't get It" (what?!?).

85pounds and an extremely unconfortable bed (I woke up 3times because I could feel the mattress springs) and a very noisy room (very loud music stop only at 11pm)

85pounds and no breakfast and not swimming pool included!

85pounds and there are not plugs next the bed.
Moreover,at about 10pm there was a couple in the public area in front of my room and Just next the pub door that was nearly going to have sex (I heard clearly noises and went to look,then they stop).
No security at all.

Avoid this place!!! It ruined my last holiday day.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neve30
Newlands H, Front Office Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Ms Molica Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Newlands Holiday Park. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the room and facilities available to you, all details are clearly laid out on booking.com and were emailed to you when you booked your stay. Hair dryers are available upon request from Reception, however you arrived after 9pm and reception closes at 7pm. The bar manager kindly arranged for his wife to lend you her own hairdryer. All of the accommodation at Newlands is self-catering based, which means breakfast is not included, nor do we supply shower gel or shampoo. The Motel rooms are made up to include clean linen, fresh towels and toilet rolls. The WIFI is supplied by a separate company and is chargeable, unless you paid for the WIFI you will not be able to use it. Due to our location, lovely surroundings and generally lovely guests, we have no need of security so I’m sorry if this is something you were looking for in a place to stay for the night. I apologise that you felt these things ruined your one night stay with us, we always try to resolve issues at the time and I’m not sure we got the opportunity to do this with you. Newlands Holiday Park

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We had a caravan for 7 nights. It was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed.
The staff in the reception area are friendly and polite. They work very hard as some of them we in various roles during the week.
The park is situated within easy reach of Bridport, Charmouth and Lyme Regis.
The site shop was small but had most things if we had run out. The chip shop wasn't open when we were there which would have been nice but went into Lyme and had a lovely meal.
Would definitely recommend for short/ long breaks if you want peace and quiet.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Newlands H, Guest Relations Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. It's nice to hear that you were happy with your caravan and found the staff friendly and polite. We apologise that the chip shop wasn't open, but we're happy that you managed to have a nice meal in Lyme and make the most of the surrounding areas

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We just had a 4 day break at Newlands Holiday Park, a nice secluded site on a hill slope. Lovely clean caravan with views across the valley, a well stocked shop with us stop outside site gate, clean well laid out and you wife and l will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2018

Thankyou for your review. We're glad that you had a nice time, and it's great to hear that you'll be back

Kind Regards,