All reviews indoor pool soft play sun holiday on site lyme regis holiday park kids club evening entertainment the pearl tow bar west bay yellow field restaurant bar charmouth beach excellent holiday open top bus nice site
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I know it's the end of the season but.the.staff don't care, and the caravan was dirty and there was no bedding or.toilet paper when moved in! The bedroom heater didn't work so was FREZZING! And.the electric get tripping so all our.food was spoiled after a day out the.place was freezing!!! NO HELP AVAILABLE and felt like we didn't matter

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Newlands H, Guest Relations Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

We are sorry to hear you feel this way regarding your holiday with us, I believe the staff here dealt with any problems you brought to our attention quickly and professionally. We had an electrician out to assess the electrics which he found no problem with, we also offered to move you to another unit which you declined. The bedding was sorted as soon as you informed us it was missing.
Our guests are our priority and I apologise if you felt this was not the case.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

This place is really great for children. Lovely atmosphere, brilliant efforts for Halloween and evening entertainment. Child friendly menu done well.
Took us about 20 minutes walk to get to beach at Charnworth where there is an educational visitor centre telling you all about the Jurassic Coast and offering advice on fossil hunting. The village also has a good cafe (I wasn’t keen on the beach cafe) and fish and chip restaurant/ take away.
Lyme Regis is a short drive away and West Bay in the other direction is worth a visit.
Our apartment was basic but comfortable. If we came again I’d prefer a lodge but that’s probably a lot more expensive.
Swimming and WiFi was chargeable.

2  Thank myLouisa
Newlands H, Guest Relations Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thank you for the lovely review Louisa, I hope the children enjoyed the Halloween activities.
We look forward to seeing you again, perhaps in one of our pine lodges.

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the family room in the complex above the bar. I have 2 young kids so you at least want the room to be clean. We walked in our room and immediately could smell smoke ((all the windows had been left open- in October). Someone had obviously been smoking in there. The small kitchen smelled like there had been an electrical fire!. Whilst getting the kids ready for bed we noticed a fly! I got rid of it! Then there was another one, and another and another. They were coming through a broken light fixture on the ceiling. We had at least 40 flies swarming in the kids double room. I ran downstairs to complain, the staff did not seem surprised at all. I was then told the most amazing excuse by a woman on reception. Apparently they have hibernating flies that wake up when the heating is turned on, my response to this was, they shouldn’t be there at all, whether they are asleep or not!!!!!!
We were put in another room which was a bit cleaner but the beds were the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on.
For nearly £100 a night this place is an unbelievable ripoff!
I urge you to stay well clear!!!!

1  Thank andyhallett42

Dear Andy
I am sorry to hear you had these issues during your stay with us, We have had the odd occasion when the weather warms back up that fly's can appear, We obviously do not know they are there until they appear. I am glad we were able to move you to another room, we were then able to allow pest control to come in. It is a shame you found the beds uncomfortable, i will pass your comments on to the housekeeping manager.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived here for a 5 day holiday with my family, arrived a little early before checking in at 4, they said we wouldn't be able to check in as they hadn't received the keys back from the cleaners, which was fair enough, staff were nice enough and said we could use all the facilities while we waited which was nice. We decided to visit charmouth town then came back for a bite to eat, well all I can say is the prices were absolutely shocking, especially if you were planning to eat there every night, so we settled for a cup of tea! Luckily we are all adults and don't have children that need feeding otherwise I'd have to re-morgage my house, especially as the quality of the food that was seen coming out of the kitchen was definitely below average otherwise I would be more than happy to pay the prices for quality food. The kitchen and bar staff definitely didn't seem particularly thrilled to serve you either. So we checked into our room at 3 and at first everything was lovely, well layed out, on further inspection the amount of bits that were on the floor was absolutely astonishing, our feet were covered in dirt as soon as we took our shoes off!! The cleanliness of the cups and plates left a lot to be desired and the smell of damp which my partner found very difficult to deal with at night with his asthma, health hazard springs to mind!! Overall we had a lovely stay but they need to train their cleaning staff a bit better, I've seen cleaner floors in a public toilet. Also I know it's a family park but would be better if they had some more adult orientated entertainment in the evenings and maybe not to charge over £4 for cheap beer. It seemed they were just trying to get every penny out of you, £2 ph/pp for swimming, £20 on average for Wi-Fi over 4 days for 2 people, there's no need for it really. The arcade machines looked like they weren't even fit for scrap either.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Newlands H, Guest Relations Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay here.
We do try and keep our prices in line with other local restaurants, your comments will be taken on board when we review the prices during our closed season.
I would like to sincerely apologise that you did not find the cleaning in your accommodation to meet up to our usually high standards. All our entertainment is family friendly, however we do have singer on a couple nights a week starting at 8:30 aimed for towards our older guests.
Kinds regards Newlands

Reviewed 24 October 2018

We booked a cheap break via the sun newspaper but opted to pay £75 to upgrade to a more large and modern caravan which also included bed linen. We were very happy with everything. The accommodation was well located and very clean and modern. The heating was the best we've encountered in a caravan. The view was gorgeous and although we didn't have a terrace there was a picnic bench next to the van. We could hear some noise from the nearby road but none of us were disturbed by it.
We have never used the clubhouse on a caravan site before as they tend to feel a bit chavvy (sorry) but this was lovely. great atmosphere, good quality entertainment and the food was of a good standard. There is a small supermarket but presumably as it was the end of the season it was woefully under stocked (there wasn't even loo roll). There was also a swimming pool and small playground which would suit toddlers.

Over all we were extremely impressed. Id say it was the nicest campsite we've been to and the local area offered absolutely loads to see and do. I would definitely recommend to a friend and if we were to return to the area i would book again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Newlands H, Guest Relations Manager at Newlands Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Thankyou very much for your feedback. We are very lucky here at Newlands with our beautiful location, and it's nice to hear that you've made the most of your time here. We hope to see you again in the future

Kind Regards,