“Friendly local restaurant with excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bank House

The Bank House
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Charmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Under new ownership since July 2016, open daily for breakfast, lunches and afternoon tea. Open evenings from 6pm. We source local produce wherever possible and our food is freshly cooked to order. We offer a selection of homemade cakes and cream teas. A warm welcome awaits customers old and new. Wendy, Sally & the team.
Adelaide Australia
“Friendly local restaurant with excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Tasty, mainly traditional English food at this small, family run cafe/restaurant. I had the lamb chops which were tender and thick! Not a gourmet establishment but honest freshly cooked food which goes down well after a day on the beach or walking the cliffs. Definitely a much preferred option for me than pizza or fish and chips or the pub!

• Visited July 2014

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“An extremely good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am Coeliac and have to have gluten free food - it was clear that this restaurant understood about gluten free and were easily able to cope with my needs. I went with my husband and we both had different meals which were piping hot, a good size and scrummy. The staff were welcoming and efficient

• Visited July 2014
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I visited this restaurant whilst on holiday nearby. We'd overheard someone saying how good it was and we weren't disappointed. The food was superb and the service excellent, we would definitely eat here again and would recommend you try it yourself.

Charmouth, United Kingdom
“KEPT US GOING”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We used to use this café before moving to the area. Since moving for the last eight weeks we have had no kitchen. So we have tried most things on the menu small large formal informal as has our friends visiting. We have used the venue about twice a week and at one stage more. We have yet to be disappointed or find reason to complain. Yes busy times you wait but then your food is being cooked. Yes at busy times you cannot get a table get real its in Charmouth. I tell people to their face if the food does not meet what I would hope for or expect. I have yet needed to do so here. I don't review everywhere we eat and with no kitchen we have been everywhere but for consistency and quality we go to The Bank House. I write only again if there is an off day but for me just try the home made Dorset Cake as your starter mains and desert. You will then agree.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Super Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Food was excellent. Would recommend to any one if your on your own or with a group. Been in twice this week both times I would give them 10/10 see you next holiday.

1 Thank Amber P